Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix Operation Finale

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Well worth a watch.

Sir Ben Kingsley as Adolf Eichmann puts in a excellent performance in this account of Mossad's mission to Argentina in 1960 to capture the Nazi War Criminal and get him back to Israel to put him on trial.

2 hours of quality drama.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, a good watch.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Looking forward to seeing that, probably tonight..

Also recommend 22nd July - the film about the Anders Brevik massacre in Norway. A little harrowing for the first 20 mins, but once you get past the killing, it very sensitively explores his motivations.. as an utter loon...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Also recommend 22nd July - the film about the Anders Brevik massacre in Norway. A little harrowing for the first 20 mins, but once you get past the killing, it very sensitively explores his motivations.. as an utter loon...

When you've finished 22 July, which examines the events from all angles...personal/political/historical try the brilliant U - July 22 which is a SINGLE SHOT/TAKE à la excellent Victoria. This is from the perspective of a girl on site, and 90 mins of her ordeals and quest for survival. Powerful, and a different take on the 22 July fillum. Both great btw.

1263246.jpg

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I know it’s a silly point but I couldn’t get over the use of Kingsley and his queens English portraying a high up Nazi. It had some predicable historical failings but to be expected - good nonetheless! Even better is the Resistance Banker also up on Netflix regarding the Dutch resistance

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know it’s a silly point but I couldn’t get over the use of Kingsley and his queens English portraying a high up Nazi. It had some predicable historical failings but to be expected - good nonetheless! Even better is the Resistance Banker also up on Netflix regarding the Dutch resistance

I've had the Resistance Banker on my list for a bit now, good to hear a positive recommendation.

Will watch either that or Operation Finale tonight.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I've had the Resistance Banker on my list for a bit now, good to hear a positive recommendation.

Will watch either that or Operation Finale tonight.

Another vote for The Resistance Banker.. fabulous film about something I was completely unaware of, despite being a bit of a WWII buff.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed the resistance banker as well, though weirdly struggled at first with the subtitles. My French and German is passable, so kinda take it all in when watching programmes in those languages, but had to really concentrate with the Dutch at first and then got into the swing of it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Operation Finale very good but slightly strange casting choice considering Schnindlers List.

Isn’t that a testament to the fact that he’s one of the finest actors this country has produced?

Ironically 30 years ago he also played Nazi Hunter Simon Wiesenthal who Mossad gave a lot of the Eichmann mission credit to for security reasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking forward to seeing that, probably tonight..

Paul Greengrass's brilliant film according to Mark Kermode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here