Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Glenn Murray on his route to the top

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Non-League Day 2018: Glenn Murray on his route to the top -
.The lowest point in my non-league career came when I was a teenage substitute for Workington Reds in a game at Blyth Spartans, and some kids started throwing eggs at me and the other subs when we were warming up.

My life now in the Premier League, where we get treated ridiculously well as players, feels like I am in a different universe.

But I would not be here playing for Brighton at the age of 35 if it was not for those days I spent outside the Football League at the start of my career with Netherhall, Workington, Carlisle and Barrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45805567

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He wasn’t at the recent Lewes v Worthing game, and Lewes do not have a 3G pitch. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The article states he was at the Lewes - Worthing game, he wasn’t. He may have been there during the day for the interview, but he had gone by the time of the game. And they don’t play on a 3G pitch, they have a training ground somewhere with 3G but the team don’t play matches on it, the Dripping Pan is grass. Sorry for the lack of clarity in what I wrote originally.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Doing some reading around Glenn Murray's early days and came across this clip from when he was at Carlisle in the conference.

There is a lot going on here, but also check out the number on his back :)

The best bit about this is that our Glenn was clearly attempting to re-create (in true Baddiel/Skinner "Phoenix from the Flames" fashion) the goal Albion scored at Reading about a year before. His attention to detail (specifically requesting his Albion hero's squad number) was remarkable. This was, we see now, nothing less than an audition on Murray's part. The signs were there, had we been willing to see them:-

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
The absolute consummate professional. It never worked out here in the end and it never would under Eddie Howe as he simply doesn't do that style of play, something we've debated from here to eternity I must add.

A top bloke and extremely respected here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's been brilliant... definitely a Brighton legend, without doubt.

It's just such a shame he's also a bit of a legend at Palace too. That stain on his history means he can never be held in the same regard as Bobby or Wardy, in my view.

Rubbish. You'd be happier if pevish twerps equivalent to you from the Palace end could never forgive him for playing for us? That's the sort of attitude that shaped politics in the Balkans :shrug::wrong:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's been brilliant... definitely a Brighton legend, without doubt.

It's just such a shame he's also a bit of a legend at Palace too. That stain on his history means he can never be held in the same regard as Bobby or Wardy, in my view.
For me it makes him even more of a hero. It was shit to lose him to those twats but we've had the last laugh as Glenn bangs in the goals for us and they have £30m, £125k a week Barn Door Benteke.

They HATE this fact.

Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here