Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cambridge University students kick out plans to honour Britain's war veterans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I take some comfort in that at some point in the next few months I’ll probably be interviewing some of these people, and they’ll be virtually begging for a place on our lucrative graduate programme.........maybe I should skew some of the questions....

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I read the first post, and now have skipped straight to the last without reading the other 8 pages. I would possibly see this as time-theft...

All I can say is the word 'students' fills me with the thought that whatever the subject it's probably been over-thought, it's got a large helping of irrationality through inexperience involved, and it smells of mung beans.

We were all young, we all had a strong opinion, and most of the time it was wrong. It's all part of growing up.

If you put these students in an Avro Lancaster as a tail-gunner, or sent them over the top of the trenches in a muddy field, they'd hang their heads in shame. However, that'll never happen - so what can we do. The worst they'll ever experience is their Starbucks Latte being lukewarm...

It's the modern world, and I suppose we can't expect them to understand or empathise.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
As I mentioned in another thread. The British people of today, are not the same people as the British people of yesteryear. Like it or not, its the world we live in. Having said that, the soldiers sailors airmen and civiians of the time did not die for our freedom with any caveats.. if students, who I have no link with whatsoever, want to do something like this, they are free to do so really. I thnk its rude, but, im not that bothered by it. People like to be angry about lots of things on NSC. Mostly of an emotional nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here