Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Just seen the news about Peter Brackley, another one who contributed to the book. Very, very sad and perhaps explains why my recent emails to him regarding the launch bash went unanswered. Peter's anecdotes about Clough were marvellous and help shed light on what Old Big Head was like to deal with from a media point of view. RIP Peter.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

1 Not allowed!
      Well that was a really enjoyable evening at the Caxton Arms last night for the book launch of ‘Bloody Southerners’. Hats off to Spencer Vignes and those wonderful players of yore, namely Andy Rollings, Lammie Robertson, Peter O’Sullivan, Tony Towner, Ian Goodwin and Gary Williams. All were charming and approachable, and a bit naughty!

All in all, a great time and I’m glad I made the interminable train journey there and back from Southampton for something worthwhile. A mention also to Brett Mendoza for the buffet, his hospitality, and providing me with a bag for my signed copies of the book - top man!

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks to everyone who came along. We had a great time.

Thanks also to Brett for being a great pub host, and to City Cabs for forking out for the buffet. The publishers did rien for this do.

Steve Darby paid tribute to Peter Brackley, while Andy Rollings paid tribute to Steve Piper, and Spencer sold loads of books. We managed to speak to Ian Goodwin and Peter O'Sullivan for the Roar, and hopefully that will be in this week's show. A bloody wonderful evening, and my head hurts.

It will be featured on tonight's South East Today, where there will be a two-minute piece on the evening. Juliet Parkin interviewed Spencer, Ian Goodwin and Lammie Robertson, while the first two were also filmed reading extracts from the book. It will also be up on iPlayer for 24 hours.

Thanks again.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

0 Not allowed!
      There's a copy making its way to Miami as we speak.. looking forward to the read.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well that was a really enjoyable evening at the Caxton Arms last night for the book launch of ‘Bloody Southerners’. Hats off to Spencer Vignes and those wonderful players of yore, namely Andy Rollings, Lammie Robertson, Peter O’Sullivan, Tony Towner, Ian Goodwin and Gary Williams. All were charming and approachable, and a bit naughty!

All in all, a great time and I’m glad I made the interminable train journey there and back from Southampton for something worthwhile. A mention also to Brett Mendoza for the buffet, his hospitality, and providing me with a bag for my signed copies of the book - top man!
      Yes, it was WELL worth the drive from Southampton. Really looking forward to getting stuck into the book and it was good to catch up with a few NSC LEGENDS
      The definitive archive of Albion programmes

1 Not allowed!
      Now up on iPlayer - for 24 hours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-news-19102018 - 22' 25" in.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

0 Not allowed!
      Hi @Spencer Vignes .

BBC1 SE news gave this great coverage with a very long article tonight (unusual for them, when it comes to football).

Interesting interviews, reminding us that Clough could be a pretty nasty bully to players he didn’t rate. He’s often put on a pedestal which ignores inconveniences like that. Good work in not going down that road.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      On prominent display in City Books

0 Not allowed!
      Nice review in today's Daily Telegraph sports section
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dejavuatbtn View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Reggie was a big hero of all us 6th formers at HGS back in the early 70s. I seem to recall one of our NSC contributors painting a portrait of him that we all signed it and sent it to him.
      Proper leg end.
      I just might know who that was ...

Met Reggie at the launch and he remembers the HGS Goodwin For England banner very fondly.

The book, by the way, is brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.