Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Network Adaptors

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
oh if only all computers had the ability to reset passwords so any Tom, Dick or Harry who stumbles upon a laptop etc.. can get into them easier........

Nobody is suggesting that but they could send a double entry code one to the e mail address via the affected computer to which you reply and then a 2nd one sent to the registered telephone number as a text.

ps found a site on line Lazesoft Recovery which say they can do it with a free download.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still trying to sort it and have put Lazercroft Recovery on a cd but am having trouble starting it. Tried command prompt on search and it came up with C;\ user\myname> what command do I post to make it work. Tried CD D no joy added setup.exe path not found so went into Bios via switch on and F2 and that read
1. IDE 0 ( this was highlighted)
2 .IDE CD ROM
3 . Network Boot
4. USB HDD
5 .USB CD -ROM
6 USB Floppy
7. USB Key

Do I set no 2 as the first choice to start in order for the CD in D drive to start immediately.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This Acer Aspire is about the same age and I bought it from somebody on Gumtree who said that he was at work at the Royal Sussex Hospital so came to meet me with it during his break, at Lidl car park. I am really trying to make something out of nothing rather than lose the money that I paid him. I must say that although I am getting frustrated I am enjoying trying the various options given on here and spending very little money in so doing.
Go on, how much did you pay?

This is why I hate gadgets. Fine when working, but drive me insane with impotent fury when they break down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£50 but didnt think to ask what system it used. It was only when I got home having spent the money that I saw that it was windows xp so just trying to make good of a bad move, but as I said enjoying it. Wife says to just accept it and throw it away but that is not my way. I will not be beaten by this laptop with the help of NSC and Google,

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Remind me, which brand of laptop are we talking about?

It could be that you just need to turn the dial on the right.

il_570xN.1131667072_noi6.jpg

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
FWIW it is an Acer Aspire 3680.but I see your joke.,

Thanks. From memory, there is no large yellow dial on the right-hand side of the Acer Aspire 3680, so regrettably my earlier post will not have been of much assistance to you.

I look forward to the next evolution of this challenge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The plot thickens as I have contacted the previous owner who assures me it didnt have a password so I can only assume it is one I have set and possibly done so with a spelling mistake or case change hence the ones I use do not work. As I see it the only answer is to remove the password completely if possible.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
The plot thickens as I have contacted the previous owner who assures me it didnt have a password so I can only assume it is one I have set and possibly done so with a spelling mistake or case change hence the ones I use do not work. As I see it the only answer is to remove the password completely if possible.

...or, the previous "owner", whom you met in a car-park to exchange the goods for untraceable cash, doesn't know the password, as it wasn't him who set it!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Does it still have a 'Property of RSCH' sticker on it?
If so, phone the hospital IT department, explain that you bought it from a guy who said he works for the hospital, and ask them if they know the password.
Make sure you give them your correct name and address when they ask for it...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If so, phone the hospital IT department, explain that you bought it from a guy who said he works for the hospital, and ask them if they know the password.

I was thinking exactly this...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

No it doesnt and it would too old for RSCH they would be more up to date with windows etc

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the help of Piltdown Man and his You Tube suggestion I have been able to format the C Drive and re install Windows 7 with me as the administrator and included my password. which I know and will remember. It also gave me 49 GB of free space on the C drive and 18.5GB on the D Drive Thank you to all who offered suggestions and advice, no doubt there will be further problems in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
With the help of Piltdown Man and his You Tube suggestion I have been able to format the C Drive and re install Windows 7 with me as the administrator and included my password. which I know and will remember. It also gave me 49 GB of free space on the C drive and 18.5GB on the D Drive Thank you to all who offered suggestions and advice, no doubt there will be further problems in the not too distant future.

Glad one old fart could help another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here