Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s not inevitable. Though that’s what the big clubs keep saying in the hope it will be endlessly repeated and become a self-fulfilling prophecy
    Don't you sometimes wish they'd just go and do it though? Leave the English league to return to some sort of sanity? I think the championship is the 4th most watched in Europe and most of the clubs in it are p1ssing money right left and centre, sad really.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
      Don't you sometimes wish they'd just go and do it though? Leave the English league to return to some sort of sanity? I think the championship is the 4th most watched in Europe and most of the clubs in it are p1ssing money right left and centre, sad really.
      This all day long
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Premier League 2: This Time It's Personal

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      So our operating costs were covered by our income? Correct?
      No - any Championship club making a push for promotion will not have their operating costs covered by their income. Thats where Mr Bloom steps in.

Whats your point ?
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      His proposals will probably include removing the collective deal, its no accident he bought Leeds with his media background.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HitchinSeagull View Post
      His proposals will probably include removing the collective deal, its no accident he bought Leeds with his media background.

Of course - which is what the majority of people on this thread seem to miss out on. It’s nothing to do with just a name change. It’s the ability to breakaway from the current EFL deal and negotiate its own. I would be surprised if it didn’t end up with a lot more TV revenue than it does now if that happened.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Da Man Clay View Post
      Of course - which is what the majority of people on this thread seem to miss out on. It’s nothing to do with just a name change. It’s the ability to breakaway from the current EFL deal and negotiate its own. I would be surprised if it didn’t end up with a lot more TV revenue than it does now if that happened.
      The collective deal in L1 & 2 is 'peanuts'. Even if you took it all away dividing that up between the Champ clubs isn't going to materially change their finances (or have I missed a key point?)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      The collective deal in L1 & 2 is 'peanuts'. Even if you took it all away dividing that up between the Champ clubs isn't going to materially change their finances (or have I missed a key point?)
      I dont think hes too worried about that, I suspect he wants complete control of Leeds TV revenue and to explore digital 'season tickets' PPV or screening on his own channels.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Da Man Clay View Post
      It could be an interesting battle in a few years time if this breakaway happens.

Sky have already got some competition in the form of BT. If Amazon / Google whoever else decide to lump in significantly Sky could well find themselves with a lot of monied competition. At that point going in large on PL2 would likely be a feasible option.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      You are aware of our debts when we got promoted, right?
      That was a calculated position taken by TB to get us promoted - huge difference being that it was his own money he was prepared to chuck at it. If we'd failed, I've no doubt at all the loan from TB would have been increased to fund them.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"