Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do We Offer ‘Tickets For Foreigners?!’

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Me & a couple of mates are off to Eindhoven in December for a bit of a music weekender (& nothing else, honest.....!). I booked us an Airbnb last night & found out we’re located right next to the Philips Stadium, home of PSV so thought I’d take a look & see if we could get a game in while we’re there.

As expected, you can’t buy a ticket without a ‘club card’ as a PSV fan, however the site clearly recognised I was logging in from the UK, so sent me to the page below.

https://www.psv.nl/english-psv/ticketing.htm

They offer you the chance to apply for a silver (€62.50) or gold (€122.50) package as a Johnny Foreigner, which is ticket, voucher for the club shop & a voucher for food & drink. What a great idea! Have applied for 3 tickets this morning for the game against Excelsior, so fingers crossed!

Anyway, I just wondered if we do anything similar? Anyone sat next to touristy types like me each home game?!

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Double post

Attachments

• F6FBFA86-4C25-4E8E-82C7-654966058820.jpeg
    F6FBFA86-4C25-4E8E-82C7-654966058820.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 628
  • 35E36245-A1EF-4FE5-8017-6F3CD9EA753B.jpeg
    35E36245-A1EF-4FE5-8017-6F3CD9EA753B.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've seen several Japanese at the Amex, and heard Spanish spoken. Of course, they could be locals either at the Uni, or working in restaurants.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Me & a couple of mates are off to Eindhoven in December for a bit of a music weekender (& nothing else, honest.....!). I booked us an Airbnb last night & found out we’re located right next to the Philips Stadium, home of PSV so thought I’d take a look & see if we could get a game in while we’re there.

As expected, you can’t buy a ticket without a ‘club card’ as a PSV fan, however the site clearly recognised I was logging in from the UK, so sent me to the page below.

https://www.psv.nl/english-psv/ticketing.htm

They offer you the chance to apply for a silver (€62.50) or gold (€122.50) package as a Johnny Foreigner, which is ticket, voucher for the club shop & a voucher for food & drink. What a great idea! Have applied for 3 tickets this morning for the game against Excelsior, so fingers crossed!

Anyway, I just wondered if we do anything similar? Anyone sat next to touristy types like me each home game?!

I'm not entirely sure how easy it is to get tickets in Holland, but there are usually more stringent rules for fans buying tickets abroad in general. You can get a ticket for the Wolves game from anywhere in the world for £30, about £25 cheaper than PSV.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've seen several Japanese at the Amex, and heard Spanish spoken. Of course, they could be locals either at the Uni, or working in restaurants.

In my time at Sussex Uni, there were a huge amount of Asian students who would pick up tickets irregularly to come to the albion. Asian students make up around 10% of Undergraduates at UoS, so it is hardly a surprise, with campus literally being across the road, that there is uptake in tickets there.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Or in fact working in any other line of employment.........???

Said tongue in cheek, in a similar vein to Benitez being a fat Spanish waiter. I apologise to any Spanish I have offended.

In my time at Sussex Uni, there were a huge amount of Asian students who would pick up tickets irregularly to come to the albion. Asian students make up around 10% of Undergraduates at UoS, so it is hardly a surprise, with campus literally being across the road, that there is uptake in tickets there.

The Japanese also have the Amex ticked off as a must visit, since their World Cup victory.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyway, I just wondered if we do anything similar?

As I'm bored at work I just went to www.seagullstickets.com using various proxies to make it seem as if I was browsing from different countries around the world and none of the offered me a similar package. Basically get membership or don't get tickets! Sometimes the students unions of the 2 local unis wrangle special deals for their students (usually on games the club knows they'll have trouble shifting tickets for) so they can come along without a membership.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I pretty much hear some foreign tongue being spoken every time I go to the Amex. After West Ham, I was walking behind two young women nattering in some Slavonic language. Most times, it's groups of Scandinavians although I have heard Spanish, Dutch and German too. I'm yet to hear anyone speaking Welsh though :)

I guess it's because Brighton is a cosmopolitan place to live rather than there being lots of visitors but I don't know. We must be on the European footballing map now

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

so basically this post was totally pointless.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm not entirely sure how easy it is to get tickets in Holland, but there are usually more stringent rules for fans buying tickets abroad in general. You can get a ticket for the Wolves game from anywhere in the world for £30, about £25 cheaper than PSV.

It depends on the game. Getting away tickets is especially difficult for some teams such as ADO, where although it may not be sold out, you have to be a member and take the coach to away games. Home tickets can usually be bought on resale sites if it is sold out.

Not sure why PSV is so expensive for him. They're usually around €25-30.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The people to my right listed their ST's for the Man Utd game on the exchange in May and I ended up having a bonafide Premier League tourist next to me - a French Canadian guy who'd never been to The UK before. Don't know how he actually got his ticket but chatting to him he was in awe at the atmosphere that night.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
It depends on the game. Getting away tickets is especially difficult for some teams such as ADO, where although it may not be sold out, you have to be a member and take the coach to away games. Home tickets can usually be bought on resale sites if it is sold out.

Not sure why PSV is so expensive for him. They're usually around €25-30.

It’s because they’re only selling packages where you have to buy the ticket with a €20 store voucher & €10 food & drinks voucher, so price sounds about right. Quite happy to have to buy the extras in order to get tickets to be honest. Really looking forward to it, although I don’t think Excelsior will bring many!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It’s because they’re only selling packages where you have to buy the ticket with a €20 store voucher & €10 food & drinks voucher, so price sounds about right. Quite happy to have to buy the extras in order to get tickets to be honest. Really looking forward to it, although I don’t think Excelsior will bring many!

It should be a great game, I hope you it and Eindhoven! Excelsior are the smallest club from Rotterdam so they will probably only be around 100-150ish.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I attempted to create an account and be able to buy tickets before my September holiday from Canada. The club never sent me a confirmation that an account of any type was created and I was never able to access tickets of any kind.

** Did try to sign in again today and was able to sign in. In fact I can buy tickets for a lower interest games. No deals though (not that there should be)

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I remember reading once Ajax saying that if you had a normal ticket and couldn't prove you were a Dutch resident you could be refused entry. I'm surprised this doesn't contravene EU law.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here