Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This site is being totally ruined by adverts

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nice one owner, were you not earning enough from them before the tsunami of complaints? Hasn't stopped you I see.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In all honesty I don't see this, so there must be a difference in how we access NSC?

I use NSC logged on via my user name on a PC via Goggle Chrome and the ads are very unobtrusive and don't hinder my experience or navigation. This isn't intended to be unhelpful if you are experiencing something different but just an alternative point of view.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Really? Don't even notice them tbh. There's a banner at the top and a banner at the bottom. Much less intrusive than other sites and if it pays for the servers/bandwidth and bozza makes a bit on the side then good luck to him. He takes all the workload and risks, unlike your good self, who can dip in and out when you want.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In all honesty I don't see this, so there must be a difference in how we access NSC?

I use NSC logged on via my user name on a PC via Goggle Chrome and the ads are very unobtrusive and don't hinder my experience or navigation. This isn't intended to be unhelpful if you are experiencing something different but just an alternative point of view.

Been so many complaints of late (or enquiries) and now we have a video popping up if we aren't logged in. It's getting as bad as anything spamming us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Really? Don't even notice them tbh. There's a banner at the top and a banner at the bottom. Much less intrusive than other sites and if it pays for the servers/bandwidth and bozza makes a bit on the side then good luck to him. He takes all the workload and risks, unlike your good self, who can dip in and out when you want.

He was seemingly doing fine before becoming obtrusive so I have no idea why he has to hit us with so much spam.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Ahhh maybe it's because you're not logged in I guess. Guess that's not always a simple thing to do if it's a work computer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If I'm not logged in, it goes batshit with adverts. However, when I log in - this is a totally ad-free place for me?

I'm talking about not being logged in, it's almost a threat to log in or else! Latest delight when not logged in.

nsc-ads.png

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just log in, problem solved.

Why mate? Shouldn't be forced into something if you don't want to. I wonder how many people say f**k that when not registered with the tsunami of shit thrown at them.

It gets to a point where you wonder if the owner is getting a little arrogant because losing one or two doesnt matter a shit to him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why mate? Shouldn't be forced into something if you don't want to. I wonder how many people say f**k that when not registered with the tsunami of shit thrown at them.

It gets to a point where you wonder if the owner is getting a little arrogant because losing one or two doesnt matter a shit to him.

Absolutely nobody is forcing you to do anything. Least of all to look at this site. Ads pay for NSC. If a little inconvenience means I get to read PPF telling us we are on our way 37 times a day then it’s all been worth it. Just log in.

Join us.....or die.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Logging in to start a thread basically saying how you don't want to log in.

Is it Alka Seltzer o'clock, yet?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Talk about inventing problems and having one for every solution! I'm sure everyone else here values this site and appreciates the work Bozza puts into it. I know I do.

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
I raised this in a similar thread last week. It got so bad last week that I couldn't actually log in as the page just froze before I could do it. Seems better now, but the adverts are very annoying? I used to come here first for all news but go to BBC now. Still really appreciate the site though, it's just harder to use than it was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What’s the objection to logging in then?

Bizarre moan and a totally uncalled for swipe at Bozza.

Embarrassing even.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If you can't, by 2018, work out how to accept or even bypass a few adverts on a webpage then perhaps the internet isn't a place for you!

Jesus wept... every popular website needs to pay for itself. There are two models... adverts or subscriptions. Bozza has polled a few times on the options we have and we still have adverts so suck it up and deal with it or go back to the printed word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here