Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This site is being totally ruined by adverts

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while the OP is being a knob in the presentation, i do agree with sentiment against pop-up video adverts. they are the most insidious of advertising and i simply dont go to sites any more that use them. the trouble is that the site often doesnt control the specific advert until they appear and can be blocked. im sure Bozza will look at it if you highlight them nicely.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So to sum up, you're not happy with the amount of ads you see when you view NSC without being logged in, so you've logged in, thus removing most of the ads you complain about, to have a pop at Bozza and tell us that you don't want to be 'forced' (really, who is forcing you to do anything?) to log in.

Is that where we're at?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Hardly notice any advertising, occasionally hit one on side by mistake but that's all . Having said that I also never log out so haven't a clue how that looks

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most of the time I don’t see any intrusive ads, haven’t had a pop up for ages. And that’s on an iPhone without logging in. Maybe it’s the way the OP is managing his device because I can view without logging perfectly fine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And for the really dumb who don't want to keep logging in everytime there's a handy little box called 'Keep me logged in'. Problem solved.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
When I don't log in I get (or did get) the big popups. But it was fine as soon as I logged in. I dislike the adverts which look like threads and have a full-width clickable area. But whatever.

The fact is that you've made nearly 15k posts over 9 years and are complaining as if somebody is gaining at your expense. They're not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I raised this in a similar thread last week. It got so bad last week that I couldn't actually log in as the page just froze before I could do it. Seems better now, but the adverts are very annoying? I used to come here first for all news but go to BBC now. Still really appreciate the site though, it's just harder to use than it was.

Two posts in a week, you're becoming quite prolific!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just stay logged in as well. Very acceptable experience as soon as you do. And why wouldn't you? Do you log in to your email? Facebook? Work computer? This is literally no different :shrug:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I am really struggling to get my head around this sorry. Perhaps you are just wording yourself badly?
If it was a paid service, like say, Amazon and Deezer, who remove adverts when you erm pay. And then login. Boom the ads disappear. And you have a valid complaint as a paying customer if its unusable
And we've got a FREE service, and when you erm DONT pay and then login, most of the ads disappear, and I assume the ones that at left (which are targeted ads) the site becomes mostly useable for most of the time and allows you to get value for money. Oh, its free.
Seriously what are you asking for? I wouldnt take on running this site as a well paid full time job if I'm honest. Who the **** needs dealing with binfests, legal stuff and GDPR as a hobby in their life. Run by a fan for fans. One day maybe it'll get sold to overseas investors and Bozza can retire with his millions he must make because people cant be arsed to log in

(not withstanding the fact you have just shy of 14000 posts in 8 years, cant really complain too much really) Also specific ads which are causing problems are normally trouble shooted and removed

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
(not withstanding the fact you have just shy of 14000 posts in 8 years, cant really complain too much really)

I hadn't spotted that - it does make you wonder given the time of the post whether there was something 'influencing' his rant :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice one owner, were you not earning enough from them before the tsunami of complaints? Hasn't stopped you I see.

Nonsense. Bit rude about [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], frankly. Maybe you need to trade up from your Amstrad?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here