Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This site is being totally ruined by adverts

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It’s absolutely fine now logged in. Got a bit much a few months back but has since been cut back and all a-ok again.

If the OP doesn’t like it that can disappear elsewhere. The site will live on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Nice one owner, were you not earning enough from them before the tsunami of complaints? Hasn't stopped you I see.

If you don't like the free service NSC provides then don't use it. Even better go start your own ad-free Albion fan forum.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
In all honesty I don't see this, so there must be a difference in how we access NSC?

I use NSC logged on via my user name on a PC via Goggle Chrome and the ads are very unobtrusive and don't hinder my experience or navigation. This isn't intended to be unhelpful if you are experiencing something different but just an alternative point of view.

Some weeks ago I opened NSC on my telephone and the Ads were so bad I couldn't read anything, then I realised my log in had logged out ( phone had switched off at some stage)and instead of my normal Ad limited experience I was bombarded with stuff making the site unusable, I logged back into the site and everything was as it was before I was logged out. Now I always confirm I'm logged in before browsing?

I wished I'd responded after I'd read the whole thread instead of the opening post????

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why mate? Shouldn't be forced into something if you don't want to. I wonder how many people say f**k that when not registered with the tsunami of shit thrown at them.
Indeed the site it a bit horrible if you're not logged in (I think, it's been a while), but it's no big deal logging in is it?

It gets to a point where you wonder if the owner is getting a little arrogant because losing one or two doesnt matter a shit to him.
I don't think so Nomad. Sounds like you're having a bad day :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some weeks ago I opened NSC on my telephone and the Ads were so bad I couldn't read anything, then I realised my log in had logged out ( phone had switched off at some stage)and instead of my normal Ad limited experience I was bombarded with stuff making the site unusable, I logged back into the site and everything was as it was before I was logged out. Now I always confirm I'm logged in before browsing?

I wished I'd responded after I'd read the whole thread instead of the opening post????

There's another problem which is wholly on me, that the site isn't mobile responsive so any and all ads are desktop-focused and that can make the mobile experience poor at times. When I have the time to implement a mobile-responsive theme then ads can be tailored for each device type which will improve the mobile experience.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have the same view of NSC as everyone else does
I guess you think it's shit too, right?

If I wanted to monetise the shit out of this site, it would be easy to do so. I probably receive 5-10 approaches per day for pop-ups, pop-unders, push-downs, interstitials and overlays. They are generally pretty lucrative. They are also pretty shit in my view which is why I bin them off.
Thank god for Bozza :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'I wish to complain about the quality of this free service that I get...' :angry: :annoyed: :censored:

Seriously? Adverts are part of websites nowadays, whether you have to log into them or not. You'd better get used to it, because it's only going to get worse (or better, if you're the one making money from them) :shrug:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is fine on my laptop and on my mobile.

Just make sure you're logged in. 1 ad each at top and bottom, very small and I couldn't tell you any of them as don't even notice them being there now.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
There's another problem which is wholly on me, that the site isn't mobile responsive so any and all ads are desktop-focused and that can make the mobile experience poor at times. When I have the time to implement a mobile-responsive theme then ads can be tailored for each device type which will improve the mobile experience.

Thanks for that response Bozza, I would like to add i seldom use my phone to access NSC ( only if I'm out waiting somewhere for Mrs Golddene etc) my usual viewing tool is iPad which I scroll up or down using my left hand thumb which constantly seems to hit the " view profile of user" or " report post feature" so I want to take this opportunity to state " I am not stalking anyone on here it's the geographic placement of these features and my sausage thumbs fault " honestly!!!!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really? Don't even notice them tbh. There's a banner at the top and a banner at the bottom. Much less intrusive than other sites and if it pays for the servers/bandwidth and bozza makes a bit on the side then good luck to him. He takes all the workload and risks, unlike your good self, who can dip in and out when you want.

I just see a banner at the top. You only see loads of ads if viewing when not logged
in

I'm surprised it's not for stanna chair lifts or incontinence pants, given you're logged in on Bexhill internet :lolol:

Now now!

I don't need a stanna chair lift as my block has a lift.

And the need for incontinence pants is for me to know and you to guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here