Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Support Gay Marriage" Cake Row

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm in agreement with your point but that would actually be a good thing and very amusing.
In that case it would be amusing, and fair game. But good luck trying to get an Nadiya Hussain to make a cake saying 'Mohammad was gay and only wanted sex with young boys'.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I don't think it's the same as fashion. Views should change as greater evidence for new facts are understood/revealed.

Purely out of interest, what evidence of new facts have been revealed that either support or challenge the institution of gay marriage?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In that case it would be amusing, and fair game. But good luck trying to get an Nadiya Hussain to make a cake saying 'Mohammad was gay and only wanted sex with young boys'.
Absolutely. I would expect nothing else other than for her to refuse.

Another example of the extremist religious bigotry that still exists in one part of the UK. Religious fundamentalists are a serious and significant danger to our culture and freedoms....regardless of what religion they follow.
By the same token, then, if someone marched in and ordered a cake emblazoned with "F*ck Jesus" and the bakers said no, would that make them "Extreme religious bigots"? Or could they just be reasonable people who found it distasteful and didn't want to do it?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
:

What ? Bully my old mate Jim :lolol:

Now there's the strange thing - I'm told that I'm being bullied but I don't feel like it (scared to write anything here in case it's picked on, etc). Because I wrote something against the ECJ I'm accused of being a Cockney racist and being on CBB - I don't know which is worse.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Now there's the strange thing - I'm told that I'm being bullied but I don't feel like it (scared to write anything here in case it's picked on, etc). Because I wrote something against the ECJ I'm accused of being a Cockney racist and being on CBB - I don't know which is worse.

Just a cockney will do Jim.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
...eh? Ironic that you bring up freedom given what's happening in this case, in terms of the baker's freedoms.

My belief is that everybody should be treated equally irrespective of their race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation etc. I fully support the idea that gay couples should have the same rights and have the same freedom as straight couples.

I know that there is still a significant minority who don't believe in equality for everybody; but hopefully those numbers are diminishing each day. You don't have to be gay to support the ideal that gay couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

If you listened to the interviews with the bakers you would know that this was purely a religious issue; their objections were based on their (mistaken) belief that God in the bible decided that homosexuality was a sin. Ergo that if homosexuality is a "sin" they weren't going to make a cake with "support gay marriage" on it.

And this is why there are still so many issues with the communities of Northern Ireland. Religious fundamentalists on both sides, still trying to drag civilisation back to the dark ages.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To me the whole thing is a load of old fuc#ing nonsense.

The cake baker should have just got on with it and made the cake. OK so they don't believe I Gay Marriage but what's that got to do with baking a cake FFS

I know a bloke who had a cake made I think it was for his son's Bar Mitzvah and he got the Spurs Team on it. The shop which made the cake was a family business and they were all Arsenal Fans. The didn't say '' F Off - we hate Spurs '' They made the cake and loads of people got fat eating it. !

Then by the same token - When they did refuse, it the people who were pissed off they wouldn't bake the Gay Marriage Cake. The should just have said '' F - You '' and posted their displeasure on Social Media or something.

It isn't a big deal either way. Claiming they were made to feel like 2nd Class Citizens is a bit much. They are quite possibly the type of people walk past people begging in the street and look down their nose at them. That's treating people like 2nd class citizens.

I don't even know why I am posting on this because its ne big deal and it shouldn't have been a big deal for the baker to bake the cake in the first place either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here