Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Support Gay Marriage" Cake Row

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They are right on this one I think. Can’t see why they should be forced to put anything on a cake if it’s against their principles even if those views are dated. Same as anyone else who is a business you don’t have to do a job if you do t want to

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I expect that it will now go to the ECJ and give them another chance to show the Supreme Court who's in charge.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Freedom of expression, as guaranteed by article 10 of the European convention on human rights, includes the right “not to express an opinion which one does not hold”, Hale added. “This court has held that nobody should be forced to have or express a political opinion in which he does not believe,” she said.

Fair.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone seems to be in agreement. Basically this is a case of not being able to force your beliefs on others, which is correct.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Another vote for the court getting it right.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
They are right on this one I think. Can’t see why they should be forced to put anything on a cake if it’s against their principles even if those views are dated.

Are you saying people's views should change, as fashions do?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
even Peter Tatchell agrees.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are you saying people's views should change, as fashions do?

Well, do you still think the earth is flat? If you were born many years ago, you would. It was accepted as fact.

I don't think it's the same as fashion. Views should change as greater evidence for new facts are understood/revealed.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Well, do you still think the earth is flat? If you were born many years ago, you would. It was accepted as fact.

I don't think it's the same as fashion. Views should change as greater evidence for new facts are understood/revealed.
It's very fashionable to support gay marriage, but there are billions of people in the world that don't. Catholics, Muslims and a lot of C of E, are against gay marriage.

I think it should be remembered that people are entitled to their views, and shouldn't be told they are outdated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here