Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If our nickname wasn't "The Seagulls" what nickname would you choose for us and why?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The name Dolphins was democratically selected by a public vote, the club autocratically overturned that decision at a later date.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's just occured to me that my earlier suggestion of Sea Lions also provides us with a ready made song.... all together now...

"Sea Lions on our shirts...."

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Actually Sussex means South Saxons.

Wessex is West Saxons & Essex is East Saxons - they landed in Essex first

I should know, my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,
grandfather heard it from a mate of his, down the local tavern.
BG?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Razors
Suggesting we cut through our opponents' defences with razor like precision. Also a slyly sinister reference to the razor gangs who use to operate at Brighton Racecourse. This might also instill an element of fear in our rival supporters.

PPFG?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yeah, I thought the Rocks would be quite cool. Brighton rock, black rock etc. Other than that the Colons, the Fatboys, and for political correctness. The Rainbows ��

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The Mods & Rockers.

Hear me out, so instead of ONE nickname, we have a nickname for both Brighton & Hove. Obviously it’s a reference to the riots and quadrophenia, but there is also the double meaning:

Brighton: The mods- referring to Brighton as a modern, trendy city
Hove: The rockers- an allusion to the Goldstone

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah, I thought the Rocks would be quite cool. Brighton rock, black rock etc. Other than that the Colons, the Fatboys, and for political correctness. The Rainbows ��

One of the old songs. Suck my cock it’s Brighton rock Do da do da

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My first thought was Seasiders... not having been born in this part of the country its what I associated Brighton with growing up.... in fact it was "a dirty weekend by the sea", so maybe Weekenders would have been better.

However, nearly 25years in the area I am sold on Martletts. When do we change then? I'm looking forward to the announcement on the club website already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here