Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If our nickname wasn't "The Seagulls" what nickname would you choose for us and why?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If our nickname wasn't "The Seagulls" what nickname would you choose for us and why?

If our nickname wasn't The Seagulls and that name wasn't available to us what nickname would you choose for us and why?

The nickname might be chosen for some historical or local significance to the club or the area, but not necessarily.

If you wish you may explain your reasons for selecting your chosen name if your reason for doing so is not immediately obvious.

Rules:
1. "The Albion" or "The Blues" are not permitted.
2. You are permitted to use a name already in use by another team as is already the case with some teams. Thus "The Royals" already used by Reading or "The Irons" used by West Ham would be permissible, and some might argue, appropriate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Phoenix, which is also what the stadium should have called if we hadn’t wanted sponsorship.

Needs no explantion, surely

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
The Saxons

Sūþsēaxe Where the first Saxons landed so where England was born!

We could wear horned helmets and stuff, the Yanks would love it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If our nickname wasn't 'The Seagulls', I would choose 'The Seagulls' to be our nickname, because I like it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The Bulldogs or is it best to stay clear of any possible associations with a well known Kemp Town pub. Best not encourage our rival supporters.
Perhaps "The Greyhounds" is a better canine option. Also has local significance.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The Saxons

Sūþsēaxe Where the first Saxons landed so where England was born!

We could wear horned helmets and stuff, the Yanks would love it.

.... and this would be my second choice, or maybe first. Its a good one, actually, I think I would still go with 'The Seagulls', but maybe not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think we need something we can ALL get behind, so, finally, I would choose 'The Brexiteers'.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If our nickname wasn't 'The Seagulls', I would choose 'The Seagulls' to be our nickname, because I like it.

As is made clear in the opening post, that option isn't available. Possibly because of trademark issues or some other explanation.
You could have "The Herring Gulls" as a compromise if you want if you are determined to stick with the seabird theme, or perhaps "The Larus".

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The troops (as in "Tony Bloom's/ Chrissy Hughton's Blue and white ARMY) :lol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As is made clear in the opening post, that option isn't available. Possibly because of trademark issues or some other explanation.
You could have "The Herring Gulls" as a compromise if you want if you are determined to stick with the seabird theme.

Oh yeah, I didn't read that bit.:lol:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We could go for a variation on Seagulls....

"The noisy thieving shit machines" has a ring to it, but the players might take it personally when we start chanting it. ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here