Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian's Next Generation: 20 of the best talents at Premier League clubs

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For Brighton: Teddy Jenks

Jenks has been at Brighton since the age of nine to work his way up through the age groups and, having played his part in midfield as Albion finished eighth in the U18s Premier League, duly signed scholarship terms in the summer. He is an all round midfielder: a fine passer of the ball, and an energetic, box-to-box worker whose dynamism has meant he largely operates centrally. He has chipped in with some spectacular goals en route which have helped him catch the eye. There have been international honours, with Jenks (previously Hoare) having captained England at under-15 and under-16 level. Now, at the age of 16, he is aiming to establish himself in Albion's under-18s side for the campaign ahead

See more: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Last year's pick was Danny Cashman https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Completely unaware that we have the England U16 Captain in our ranks! The future is blue and white...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Unless [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] rubber stamps this verdict, I'm out.

He's the real deal. :thumbsup:

Saw him play for an Albion U-18 side in a friendly against Rangers last September, when he was the youngest player in the side; thought he was the best player on the pitch. And if anyone thinks I'm after-timing:-

Impressed by U-16 Teddy Hoare.

Enjoyed that; rarely get a chance to see the scholars and young pros in action. Perhaps most impressed by the youngest lad on show, Teddy Hoare. Pleased to see Reece Meekums on the pitch after some injury issues over the last 12 months, thought he looked very lively.

Unfortunately he suffered a serious knee injury playing for the England U-16s out in Florida at the end of November, and only made his return on Saturday. Hopefully he can get back up to full speed and carry on where he left off.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's the real deal. :thumbsup:

Saw him play for an Albion U-18 side in a friendly against Rangers last September, when he was the youngest player in the side; thought he was the best player on the pitch. And if anyone thinks I'm after-timing:-

Unfortunately he suffered a serious knee injury playing for the England U-16s out in Florida at the end of November, and only made his return on Saturday. Hopefully he can get back up to full speed and carry on where he left off.

Where does Teddy come from ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
"Last but certainly not least, we also received some amazing news over the weekend regarding year 11 student Ted Jenks who has just signed a professional contract at Brighton and Hove Albion! Ted has worked so hard on his football career, especially over the past year after suffering a ruptured ligament. Ted had to go through surgery and extensive rehab to get to where he is now and Mr King, Ted’s Head of Year said, ‘the way he handled being stopped in his tracks is so mature’ and that ‘what has impressed the PE department, is that despite his training schedule and commitment to both BHAFC and England, Ted has never missed a school game and has also ensured that he has represented the school in both cross country and athletics when called upon.’ Congratulations, Ted and good luck with the future!"
https://www.blatchingtonmill.org.uk/last-week-blatch#.W73HVhNKg0o

D

Deleted member 2719

Born in Brighton.

His younger brother Eliot is also in the academy (U-14 this season) and got called up to an England U-15 training camp in August.

Excellent sounds like it's in the DNA if only my kids had that DNA!!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How is Danny Cashman coming along?

If you click on the link, it includes an update.

He scored 6 goals in 19 appearances for the U-18s last season before his campaign was ended in early April with ankle ligament damage.

This season he has scored 1 goal in 6 appearances so far.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Excellent sounds like it's in the DNA if only my kids had that DNA!!

Talking of DNA, I was interested to see that the featured kid from Man City had Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe as his grandparents - that's some Citeh DNA he's got there

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I know his (justifiably) very proud dad.
It seems that all the stuff he'd told me is true.

Marvellous scenes, evidently I might be in line for a pair of posh trainers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here