Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If we weren't "Albion" what would be your alternative choice of name for us?

What would be your alternative choice of name had we not been called "Albion"?

• Brighton & Hove United

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Brighton & Hove Rovers

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Brighton & Hove Athletic

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brighton & Hove Rangers

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Brighton & Hove Wanderers

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Brighton & Hove Hotspur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brighton & Hove Town

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • AFC Brighton & Hove

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Recent name change to Brighton & Hove City having discarded original name

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd never want to be United because, and apologies to all other Uniteds out there, when I hear "United" there's only one club I think of and if you're not the one from Manchester, then I'm afraid it's not you.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
:facepalm: Don't you understand your own poll? That doesn't mean people want to change it, you asked if it couldn't be Albion, what would we want it to be. Obviously we'd all like it to stay as Albion, but you weren't offering that option.

Yes I do, as I made clear in my opening post. The mindset, when selecting that option, is that you are choosing to abandon the club's original given name or at least the club's name you have grown up with. You would be just as attached to that, whatever it might be, as you are to "The Albion".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes I do, as I made clear in my opening post. The mindset, when selecting that option, is that you are choosing to abandon the club's original given name or at least the club's name you have grown up with. You would be just as attached to that, whatever it might be, as you are to "The Albion".
Yes but people aren't going to think like that. People aren't attached to 'United' or 'Rovers', so those 25% aren't really saying they'd like to change our name, they just can't face the thought of having another club's name.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
None of the above, it's got to be "Falmer Village".

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Let's drop the Brighton and Hove and go with 'Sussex Saxons'.

Just think of the franchise......

Already taken by the University’s American Football team. Which is appropriate as it sounds a bit too ‘American football’ For my liking

Think we should copy the Spanish and ask the queen to call us Royal Brighton and Hove.

Noooo.... I have SO many people from out of the area who say it as 'Loo's' and not 'Lewiss' . It drives me mad. :shootself
So it would educate people nationally, being called Brighton & Lewes Argyle for example.

Already taken by the University’s American Football team. Which is Think we should copy the Spanish and ask the queen to call us Royal Brighton and Hove.
H. M. is hardly likely to facilitate that when you haven't bothered to put her title in capitals!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here