Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If we weren't "Albion" what would be your alternative choice of name for us?

What would be your alternative choice of name had we not been called "Albion"?

• Brighton & Hove United

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Brighton & Hove Rovers

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Brighton & Hove Athletic

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brighton & Hove Rangers

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Brighton & Hove Wanderers

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Brighton & Hove Hotspur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brighton & Hove Town

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • AFC Brighton & Hove

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Recent name change to Brighton & Hove City having discarded original name

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another Poll.

Brighton and Hove Palace

(stupid thread.....if my mum had had a beard, plus fours, and smoked a pipe would she have been my dad?)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
having not lived in Brighton for many a year (before it was city status and beyond) I'm not sure if there is still the 'Them & Us' between Brighton & Hove but how about ... Brighton & Hove (A) United City ... that would confuse the hell out of pundits and commentators :O

We could just have Brighton and Hove Actually. We could be the Actuallies.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton and Hove, Actually

Commas must be pretty rare in team names?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton Reserves.

More annual humiliation for United and West Ham, and not feeling so bad when we are turned over by other PL teams.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't included "Citeh" as that would have required a recent name change which would have raised objections amongst the majority of fans....
Understood, as we weren't originally a city, so we couldn't have started with that. But then we weren't a town either were we? I thought it was two towns?

It's too difficult for me to pick a name that now reminds me of other clubs.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Understood, as we weren't originally a city, so we couldn't have started with that. But then we weren't a town either were we? I thought it was two towns?

It's too difficult for me to pick a name that now reminds me of other clubs.

Looking at the poll results I'm surprised to see the greatest number of votes are for a name change from the original to City (25%). I didn't realise there would be that high a level of support in favour of the club abandoning its traditional roots and rebranding itself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at the poll results I'm surprised to see the greatest number of votes are for a name change from the original to City (25%). I didn't realise there would be that high a level of support in favour of the club abandoning its traditional roots and rebranding itself.
:facepalm: Don't you understand your own poll? That doesn't mean people want to change it, you asked if it couldn't be Albion, what would we want it to be. Obviously we'd all like it to stay as Albion, but you weren't offering that option.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it an international break, by any chance?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here