Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the time you keep posting on behalf of poor little misunderstood Crawley this thread remains high up on the board.
    I'm not that bothered. I had only posted on it once before Badger quoted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
      Take a walk from Churchill Square down to Castle Square in Brighton and you'll experience a fair degree of shitholiness. Drug addict camps springing up everywhere, its turning into one big piss and shit stained shelter down there. They just pitch up tents and build sleep sites with ever increasing amounts of material with no regards to anyone else. The most depressing thing is that a very large proportion of them are not actually homeless they have rooms and beds in the various YMCA doss houses and other such places. The only reason they are out there is to beg money to feed their drug and alcohol habits. If you want to see a shithole wander round central Brighton any given day.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      Oh, it's the annual have a pop at Crawley thread.

Yep, it's a new town, the centre of which is a bit dated,and in places is a bit rough round the edges.

However some on here need to take a good hard look at Brighton these days.

BTW, I don't live in Crawley.
      I do. Crawley is certainly more good than bad - I used to live in Stevenage, now there's a real shathole!
      I love Brighton, but why are there tents being allowed to be pitched in the middle of the pavements? WTF?
      ...Gatting fed the ball to Tony Grealish...who found Neil Smillie...who laid the ball off to Gary Howlett, his pinpoint cross was met by Gordon Smith, who eluded McQueen to send a beautiful header beyond the reach of Gary Bailey.......

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Column View Post
      Take a walk from Churchill Square down to Castle Square in Brighton and you'll experience a fair degree of shitholiness. Drug addict camps springing up everywhere, its turning into one big piss and shit stained shelter down there. They just pitch up tents and build sleep sites with ever increasing amounts of material with no regards to anyone else. The most depressing thing is that a very large proportion of them are not actually homeless they have rooms and beds in the various YMCA doss houses and other such places. The only reason they are out there is to beg money to feed their drug and alcohol habits. If you want to see a shithole wander round central Brighton any given day.
      The sights you report are far from unique to Brighton in UK 2018; what shocks me is seeing street sleeping, begging and Spice zombies in places you don't expect like Bath and Norwich. One could almost believe its become a nationwide problem. Oh and huge swathes of Brighton are not a sh1thole...
      sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
      The sights you report are far from unique to Brighton in UK 2018; what shocks me is seeing street sleeping, begging and Spice zombies in places you don't expect like Bath and Norwich. One could almost believe its become a nationwide problem. Oh and huge swathes of Brighton are not a sh1thole...
      I know huge swathes of Brighton are not a shithole, the city centre is though in my opinion.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Why are some people so protective of their home town?
      It's not as though they built the town or have a vested interest like being a tourist chief or mayor/mayoress
      Who gives a monkeys on whether their town is well liked or not
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Where do you live? I'd quite like to pass judgement on it.

And it sounds like you haven't ventured there since 1986. Personally, I was there only last night. There isn't much wrong with, except perhaps the schools aren't good enough. It's a blue collar town for sure, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's easy to get in and out of, it's good for amenities and they slowly continue to improve the appalling aesthetics it had 3 or 4 decades ago. It's certainly no worse than several towns in Sussex which suffer from being deathly boring and inconvenient. The constant belittling of Crawley on here gets on my tits. It's not Luton FFS.
      That is a brilliant motto for Crawley

It's not Luton FFS!

Genius mate
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      That is a brilliant motto for Crawley

It's not Luton FFS!

Genius mate
      Yes, I can picture the sign as you enter Crawley
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

0 Not allowed!
      The only place I couldn't even get my 'desperate for work' supply teachers to go...

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk