Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Stacey Dooley- fashions dirty secrets BBC

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well worth a watch this, fashion is the second biggest pollution problem in the world!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
984A7039-EDE6-4788-8449-D397D4C24E8F.jpeg

She’s not wrong.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
She is a good Reporter her..............I've seen her go in amongst Drug Gangs and Murders in Mexico and things like that before. Very Brave girl, some of the situations I have seen her in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She is a good Reporter her..............I've seen her go in amongst Drug Gangs and Murders in Mexico and things like that before. Very Brave girl, some of the situations I have seen her in.

She normally gets some brilliant interviews and access as most of her subjects profoundly underestimate her; she is as good as Theroux.

Sadly, on this occasion, it seems that the big fashion retailers and the government had done their homework on her.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
She normally gets some brilliant interviews and access as most of her subjects profoundly underestimate her; she is as good as Theroux.

Sadly, on this occasion, it seems that the big fashion retailers and the government had done their homework on her.

I agree - To be honest I under estimated her myself the first couple of times I seen her

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What is really astonishing is programmes like this are still required to shock people into learning about what’s been going on for a decade or more. People are either incredibly stupid or choose not to know about this sort of thing. Rome has been burning around us for a long time, yet the majority of us just don’t care, are indifferent or simply think signing a petition before moving on is enough. But how many of us really change our ways? Really? Clue: It involves more than putting your recycling bins out. Maybe 1 in every 1000 if that? Future generations might stand a chance if that ratio was the other way round. But it’ll never get close to, we’re too greedy, powerless, ambivulant or maybe all 3. And before some predictable **** adds “we’re all doomed”, yes we are. And it’s no laughing matter, cause that world of pain is heading towards all our front doors faster than most of us can compute.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

It didn't paint them in a great light, though, did it? Nor Gove's department.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I had no idea until recently that she was an MBE so she is clearly respected and rated in high circles.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We are just consuming too much, buy quality / used and keep it till its worn out. If its cheap someone or something pays, either a human or environmental cost

Missed opportunity / PR win for a retailer that was prepared to talk, instead they all bottled it and were shown to be all as bad as each other

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is too late to turn the clock back now, we have got to come up with ideas of how to cope with the changes that are inevitable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It is too late to turn the clock back now, we have got to come up with ideas of how to cope with the changes that are inevitable.
Like running out of water

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
We don't need to buy the volume of clothes that we do .In 2017 my resolution was to buy no clothes at all all year and I managed apart from a pair of swimming trucks ( as I lost mine and my wife insisted ) . I managed to pick up two free pais of socks and a t shirt from a conference free but otherwise i bought diddly squat . I had clothes repaired at zipyard and wore stuff I hadnt worn . This year I ve hardly bought anything either . One suit and shirt for work and a couple of pairs of shoes from TK Max . We don;t need all this crap - spend your money on something else . And Brighton and Hove Albion should stop encouraging us to all buy more kit every year .And god i love Stacey Dooley too - do you think her parents were actually in the Dooleys ??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here