Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What a day to have Sussex in your D.N.A. .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Bozzas Painting nsc.jpg
    Bozzas Painting nsc.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 275

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That’s a cracking shot.

Have you ever thought of taking more photos of buildings? You might find you’re quite good at it.

Thank you. I haven't, but you've got me thinking. There was one building I took lots of photos of a few years ago!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Miss Sussex, maybe one day I'll move back. Lewes would do me just fine

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thank you. I haven't, but you've got me thinking. There was one building I took lots of photos of a few years ago!

My comment was a direct reference to your shots of the stadium being built, and nothing more. But now I think about it - why not? Your framing and composition is great - I particularly like the West pier and the walkers seen through the gaps in the Palace pier...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yesterday I went to Tunbridge Well on the train, Worthing to Brighton, Brighton to St Leonards Warrior Square and then SLWS to Tunbridge Wells. I hadn't heard of many of the places (and, yes, I appreciate I entered the enemy territory of Kent at some point there).

Even better would have been to pick up the 29 bus from Churchill Sq: it takes you all the way to TW and there are stunning views of the Sussex countryside along the way. I've caught that bus many times, taking kids to rugby matches and it's a constant treat (and only £4.90 there and back too).

Even better would have been to pick up the 29 bus from Churchill Sq: it takes you all the way to TW and there are stunning views of the Sussex countryside along the way. I've caught that bus many times, taking kids to rugby matches and it's a constant treat (and only £4.90 there and back too).

I was nearly sad enough to post something similar, not a great deal of difference time wise I would have thought. And you can bus spot, there was a rare appearance of the "Matthew Grimstone" bus on the route earlier in the week.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
beacon walk

Can anyone else recall the West lain beacons walk. My time was 1968 start at Jack and Jill end at Firle. I think K it wouldn't be possible now but a great walk in its day. Days of Fergudon and Sears and Goldsmith and Lawrence..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It takes an absolute age doesn’t it?

Also, on the train I have a table so I can work. Not sure that would be practical on a bus.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It takes an absolute age doesn’t it?

Also, on the train I have a table so I can work. Not sure that would be practical on a bus.

The new 29s have a couple of tables on the top deck (and wifi and charging sockets). As Norman says, I wouldn't have thought there was massive difference in time taken. It depends on how long you had to wait at SL.

You didn't say there was a time element, I thought we were just talking aesthetics :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was shocked to discover at work this morning that some of my colleagues have NEVER visited Weardale and Teesdale. I mentioned the names of several villages and they didn't have a clue where they are. They live 20 minutes away from some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK and yet they have never been. I wonder how many Sussex residents have never gone walking on the Downs or visited the Ashdown Forest for example?
It's the same in Sheffield. So easy to get out into the Peak District in about ten minutes (or a little more) from most areas of the city. But thousands of people (and thousands of kids) never do.

Can see it from my office window and I only live about 15 minutes from the city centre.

f33fe7373d5b548afb7280f8ba832f19.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here