Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Perhaps an enlightening postscript from the ITV programme last night showing (mostly) bodycam images of police in dangerous situations.

One of the contributors to the programme ,a retired officer, made a fairly lengthy point of the obligation of citizens to assist a police officer and that it was a criminal offence not to assist an officer when requested to do so.

So the police expect civilians with no weapons or training to pitch in if an officer is in trouble. But apparently its all fine and dandy for the acting Met Commissioner to sit quivering in his locked car shitting himself whilst one of his officers is murdered in front of him.

Nailed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do we actually know who was in the car with him? Home office officials, anyone in power, could he have been ordered to stay in the car to protect the other occupants? Is it possible he’s taking the can for other matters we don’t properly know about? So far he’s only a witness to events, so details about who he was with don’t seem to be forthcoming. He could have been quivering, he could have been held back, unless he faces his own hearing I guess we won’t know.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes he was a coward

...and yes I did my time. His behaviour was unforgivable. No one is suggesting he should have disarmed this lunatic in some kind of ninja hand to hand combat but he should have done everything possible within reason to assist his colleague, not ****ed off in a locked car pretending he would coordinate it all from a distance.There were plenty of people in a position to do that .He's had time to try and justify his actions since and has failed. Shameful.

“Pretending...”?!! He WAS/IS/WOULD BE the officer responsible for coordinating response!! (was then, a potentially far greater terrorist attack). Oh, and they tend to do that from state of the art command and control centres. Days of doing so from a nearby Bell tent are long gone...the Wi Fi can be terrible. Jack Bauer has a lot to answer for

No pretending in it. He is the man.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Do we actually know who was in the car with him? Home office officials, anyone in power, could he have been ordered to stay in the car to protect the other occupants? Is it possible he’s taking the can for other matters we don’t properly know about? So far he’s only a witness to events, so details about who he was with don’t seem to be forthcoming. He could have been quivering, he could have been held back, unless he faces his own hearing I guess we won’t know.

It was two civilians, one being his driver the other probably being his bag man.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes he was a coward

...and yes I did my time. His behaviour was unforgivable. No one is suggesting he should have disarmed this lunatic in some kind of ninja hand to hand combat but he should have done everything possible within reason to assist his colleague, not ****ed off in a locked car pretending he would coordinate it all from a distance.There were plenty of people in a position to do that .He's had time to try and justify his actions since and has failed. Shameful.

Out of interest, what ‘was’ your ‘time’?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. I meant which service?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps you should take the advice given in your signature?

It’s for those lesser beings, not me, silly! Anyway, er, you ask animals for advice...:p

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We had a few ex wrens....none would have run mate.

Well, they probably couldn’t because of their high heels :whistle: But you still haven’t answered my question about doing ‘time’? All sorts of services have been mentioned on this thread. I respect them all. But you make it sound like you were conscripted and for all I know, you could have done national service. It was a perfectly reasonable question!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here