Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He is still a cop mate. If he thought he was 'so senior ' that he couldnt get involved he shouldn't have been wearing the uniform. It really is that simplistic.You never reach a rank that forbids you from confrontation.

In all truth he had no idea it was a terrorist attack per se .It was a colleague being attacked in front of his eyes and that's when he bottled it. Cops get attacked all the time, colleagues don't routinely drive away or leave the scene.

Well none of us were there so we have no right to comment. Who knows . You certainly don’t sound like you know.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I felt uneasy about Mackey's admission during the inquest that he remained in the car and felt he could have done more. Certainly if I was Mrs Keith Palmer I would have expected him to do more, especially when rank and file officers and members of the public were putting their lives on the line.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If your colonel had seen you being bayonetted and not lifted a finger to help you but locked himself in his APC you'd have been ok with that would you ? what the f*ck were you in the royal hangbacks ?

Never saw that, but saw my mate lose one leg and half another, what did I do. medicine was far beyond me to help, no enemy to shoot at, but radioed in for assistance where a senior ranking officer moved heaven and earth to get him casevaced. What if the guy on the end og the radio was administering morphine and not available. INot royal hangbacks but, a clear thinking decorated soldier who has no need to justfy my words or actions, epecially to those who have chips on their shoulders.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think an incident like this scares people. They love a good story of bravery and all feel were it them they’d improvise a weapon and run screaming at danger “For England and the baby Jesus!! Take that Muzzy” Wallop. Makes the terrorist threat all abit more palatable . When someone fails to do that , especially a senior police officer? .....people get scared. Maybe we will be left to defend ourselves? Maybe the people there to protect us are afraid too? Oh dear. Scary thought.

Brynsleynudge1

Jun 2, 2014
“You’re not being paid for what you do, you’re being paid for what you might have to do”
That made it pretty clear to me what was expected throughout my career, I received plenty of training but must of missed the lesson on locking yourself in a vehicle when facing danger. He was the top ranking officer on duty in the UK on that fateful day and failed his colleagues in every way. Poor Craig Mackie only armed with an excuse....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was working at the home of a recently retired police detective today, and he was very angry about Mackey's cowardice ( his word) , and said that if a junior police officer had acted in that way he would have been hung out to dry.

I think he’s wrong. The report in the OP of this thread, describes ‘two unarmed officers fleeing the attack’. I’ve not seen any criticism of them anywhere.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just out of interest, and I know it’s only anecdotal but question to all the NSC members who have been caught up in a terrorist attack. What did you do and why did you come to that decision?
Reckon it’d be good to hear from those on here that have actually been there.

I’ve never been involved but my daughter was forever thankful to the people who fronted up and gave her and her friends time to escape that night at Borough Market. I’m pretty grateful as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am totally confused by this thread now. Does anyone have a definitive assessment of what was actually appropriate here, or is it still a binfest of emotional venting? Seems a little harsh we judge the bloke like he's the dodgy but uncharged uncle in a child disappearance case. Bit ashamed I've been over influenced by som of th vehemence, in retrospect.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am totally confused by this thread now. Does anyone have a definitive assessment of what was actually appropriate here, or is it still a binfest of emotional venting? Seems a little harsh we judge the bloke like he's the dodgy but uncharged uncle in a child disappearance case. Bit ashamed I've been over influenced by som of th vehemence, in retrospect.

That was so unlike your normally kind and thought through posts. Respect to the shouted-down minority who spoke out for Mackey. Later Inquest evidence of other unarmed police running away from the bloody thirsty murderer is telling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was so unlike your normally kind and thought through posts. Respect to the shouted-down minority who spoke out for Mackey. Later Inquest evidence of other unarmed police running away from the bloody thirsty murderer is telling.

Sorry, I can't follow all this. Every post seems to be heresay. I can't tell if the bloke acted appropriately or not. That was my point. I don't particularly want to think it through - I want the facts. I am guessing from your reply the facts are contested. My gut feeling now for what it is worth is Mackey did nothing wrong. But my gut feeling is worth nothing.

Bit harsh about my post too. The fact that it was (I am) clueless was the point of it :shrug:

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Never saw that, but saw my mate lose one leg and half another, what did I do. medicine was far beyond me to help, no enemy to shoot at, but radioed in for assistance where a senior ranking officer moved heaven and earth to get him casevaced. What if the guy on the end og the radio was administering morphine and not available. INot royal hangbacks but, a clear thinking decorated soldier who has no need to justfy my words or actions, epecially to those who have chips on their shoulders.

What are we playjng casualty bingo here are we ? I saw a bloke turned ibto a charred shell of a man in crossmaglen , his skin had the look and texture of a beefburger , chip on my shoulder ? pray tell ?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve never been involved but my daughter was forever thankful to the people who fronted up and gave her and her friends time to escape that night at Borough Market. I’m pretty grateful as well.

I’m glad your daughter got home safe. Can’t imagine what that must have been like for all involved.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Like everyone else don't know the exact facts about this. However, my first original thoughts were if he saw one of his officers being attacked couldn't the car have stopped to see if they could render first aid to the wounded or some other help. He wouldn't have known who else may have been attacked and needed help.
Cannot get my head around just driving off without stopping to offer assistance to the carnage that was happening.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Correct I wasn't there. You will find that people involved in this sort of stuff tend not to gob off about their experience on a public forum, Instead tend talk in riddles and the third person. You would recognise it if you understood it., which of course you don't.

Righto :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I felt uneasy about Mackey's admission during the inquest that he remained in the car and felt he could have done more. Certainly if I was Mrs Keith Palmer I would have expected him to do more, especially when rank and file officers and members of the public were putting their lives on the line.

What we do know about Mrs Keith Palmer, FACTS rather than pointless putting thoughts in her mind, is that she is dismayed at the Mets armed officers on the ground failure together with their immediate superiors to follow their rules on the day. Armed officers should’ve been standing beside Keith all the time. Instead, in error they were patrolling the yard. She made this plain through her solicitor on Friday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here