Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve thought about this quite a bit before replying. My considered thoughts are that there were a number of reactions and responses he could have undertaken, all with varying levels involvement and engagement and degrees of risk, . He could have even paniced and shat himself and I would have understood. But he calmly locked his doors and drove off. I can’t imagine nurses, other police officers, armed forces or firemen running the other direction.

Exactly, and that’s why this man will for ever more be known as a gutless shit. I hope he enjoys his lucrative retirement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly, and that’s why this man will for ever more be known as a gutless shit. I hope he enjoys his lucrative retirement.

I’m not necessary saying he should have confronted the guy, but to not even hang around at a safe distance and offer something, anything, beggars belief. He drove off.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
timely programme on ITV atm about front line police putting their lives on the line

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s an odd day when Lawros’s, Alf , HT and Ernest all agree but I’m with them all. A leader leads by example and defends his troops. Simple as that. Sitting in your car is the act of a coward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Astonished by the level of moronic comment on here, as if two dead coppers is better than one. For the stupid therefore, Copper A had already been mortally stabbed by knife wielding maniac before Copper B could possibly have done something, which in all likelihood would be getting stabbed too, probably fatally; before armed police could shot said maniac. As others have said, it’s not Hollywood, where a quick roundhouse kick sends the baddie - in slow motion - into a nearby bin, upside down and trapped, his legs wiggling in the air before back up arrives.

Rank has nothing to do with it. Except of course if you want to portray this incident as something it wasn’t. Which is exactly what media outlets including the BBC have done. Congrats if you’ve been hooked by such clickbait, but really, have some respect for yourself and don’t be so easily manipulated into such idiotic conclusions as some have made here. To call a Head of our Police a coward is beyond contempt. He also puts his life on the line each and every day for us, including when he was a Bobby on the beat 20 years ago.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Astonished by the level of moronic comment on here, as if two dead coppers is better than one. For the stupid therefore, Copper A had already been mortally stabbed by knife wielding maniac before Copper B could possibly have done something, which in all likelihood would be getting stabbed too, probably fatally; before armed police could shot said maniac. As others have said, it’s not Hollywood, where a quick roundhouse kick sends the baddie - in slow motion - into a nearby bin, upside down and trapped, his legs wiggling in the air before back up arrives.

Rank has nothing to do with it. Except of course if you want to portray this incident as something it wasn’t. Which is exactly what media outlets including the BBC have done. Congrats if you’ve been hooked by such clickbait, but really, have some respect for yourself and don’t be so easily manipulated into such idiotic conclusions as some have made here. To call a Head of our Police a coward is beyond contempt. He also puts his life on the line each and every day for us, including when he was a Bobby on the beat 20 years ago.

Im not necessarily saying he should have confronted the attacker, my point is he didn’t even hang around at a safe distance and offer some comfort and support in the aftermath. He drove away from the scene and left it to others.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He also puts his life on the line each and every day for us, including when he was a Bobby on the beat 20 years ago.

No, I think the point is that when the chance came to prove just that, he didn’t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
and for what its worth ive been in situations more than once where i had to stand up and be counted .

Having read the whole thread....your comments sound about right and your disdain is justified.

On a personal note, keep smiling. There are some things we nobodys can do nothing about, except lose sleep and upset our families. NSC is a good vent of course....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Drivel

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Im not necessarily saying he should have confronted the attacker, my point is he didn’t even hang around at a safe distance and offer some comfort and support in the aftermath. He drove away from the scene and left it to others.

Totally agree. Just driving away was spineless. Leave it to others to sort out. Maybe his car could have helped other victims get to hospital .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, I think the point is that when the chance came to prove just that, he didn’t.

No, I think the point is many are too stupid to realise he’s done and is putting himself in harms way every day, for past 20 years or more. There’s always a gormless mob mentality who must have a scapegoat, sneering and judging a situation they have no real comprehension of. They’d be better off keeping quiet than ‘removing all doubt’ and criticising. Still, I’ve offended their sensibilities so inevitably they must continue their ‘expert’ viewpoint and defend their moronic conclusion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Protocol. And wasn’t his immediate task to head up the response to an attack on parliament? Some of the comments here make it sound like he drove off like Miss Daisy and went shopping. Come on HT, you’re an intelligent bloke, don’t fall for this media-spin and Lions led by Donkeys bullshit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally agree. Just driving away was spineless. Leave it to others to sort out. Maybe his car could have helped other victims get to hospital .
‘...maybe his car could have...’ is a ridiculous thing to say, clearly you’ve not done your scouts badge.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rank has nothing to do with it.

I think rank has everything to do with it.

His decision was obviously to ensure he was in the best place possible (leading the strategy & response 30mins later) rather than being carved up by a madman.

Whilst some may accuse him of cowardice, hasn’t he simply deduced very quickly what the situation demanded from a person of his rank. Sacrificial lamb or leader in a crises. He made the call and has stood by it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Much has been said and posted and does anyone without prior training really know how they would react,yes we all would like to think that we would be brave enough to have a go. Yet fellow serving officers will surely have no respect what so ever now for Mackey let alone any family that has lost a serving officer in the line of duty.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
I think rank has everything to do with it.

His decision was obviously to ensure he was in the best place possible (leading the strategy & response 30mins later) rather than being carved up by a madman.

Whilst some may accuse him of cowardice, hasn’t he simply deduced very quickly what the situation demanded from a person of his rank. Sacrificial lamb or leader in a crises. He made the call and has stood by it.

And this is what is wrong with society today. He is at the top of the tree. He should have put himself on the line for his officers, no questions asked. Leadership.

If I was a Met copper I would quit over this. Why should I put myself on the line for the public if my boss wasn’t prepared to do it for me?

The message this sends out is that if I am being attacked by a knife man in the street and there is a policeman nearby, there’s no need for him to help me if he isn’t armed, as he probably can’t do anything anyway.

What a dreadful, self-serving, cowardly society we have become.

Imagine if people had had this kind of attitude in the world wars.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
He also puts his life on the line each and every day for us, including when he was a Bobby on the beat 20 years ago.

How exactly did he put his life on the line on this particular day?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here