Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I was surprised you didn't post this thread yesterday. What was he supposed to do, without any equipment? Better to be alive and facing criticism from people like you, then a dead hero.

RIP Keith Palmer.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was surprised you didn't post this thread yesterday. What was he supposed to do, without any equipment? Better to be alive and facing criticism from people like you, then a dead hero.

RIP Keith Palmer.

perhaps.do.what roy larner did.at london bridge ? against more than one , wasnt he sat in a weapon ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I must admit it did not sound good. I particularly thought the part about locking the car doors was a bit much, what if a member of the public wanted to get away?

I wonder what the rank and file coppers are thinking?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
How can he honestly show his face in public , he watched one of his own stabbed to death and did nothing except lock himself in his car , gutless tosser

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ckey-met-police-inquests-latest-a8574676.html

This is not Hollywood you know,this is real life....

He described seeing two plain-clothed protection officers running past his vehicle with their handguns drawn, before shots rang out seconds later.
After hearing the gunshots, Sir Craig said he “went to open the door to get out”.

“One of the PCs, quite rightfully, said: ‘Get out, make safe, go, shut the door,’ which he did, and it was the right thing to do,” he continued.
“That’s when I thought: ‘I have got to start putting everything we need in place. We have got no protective equipment, no radio, I have got two colleagues with me who are quite distressed,’ so we moved out.”Sir Craig was then driven away and started coordinating the response to the attack, which was initially feared to involve multiple terrorists.

Sounds like the sensible thing to do, not putting lives in danger and being able to coordinate a response.

Get a grip.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

RIP Keith Palmer.

just listen to yourself , your attitude is EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern society , "what was he supposed to do without equipment" , jesus wept how did we get to this point when the first thought when seeing a comrade fatally attacked is what equipment is available :facepalm:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can you imagine if soldiers took that attitude on the battlefield ? I thought he had a duty of care ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm sure however high the pedestal is that you're judging him from is nothing to what he has to live with. Maybe focus your anger if you have to on the person who committed the murder!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It does sound very WWI like ..... lead from the back. I would have expected him to at least get out the car and assess the dangers of helping protect the poor PC in the front line .... who also didn't have the equipment to properly protect himself. Leaders need to lead ..... not cower.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

RIP Keith Palmer.

Officers should lead by example.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This is not Hollywood you know,this is real life....

He described seeing two plain-clothed protection officers running past his vehicle with their handguns drawn, before shots rang out seconds later.
After hearing the gunshots, Sir Craig said he “went to open the door to get out”.

“One of the PCs, quite rightfully, said: ‘Get out, make safe, go, shut the door,’ which he did, and it was the right thing to do,” he continued.
“That’s when I thought: ‘I have got to start putting everything we need in place. We have got no protective equipment, no radio, I have got two colleagues with me who are quite distressed,’ so we moved out.”Sir Craig was then driven away and started coordinating the response to the attack, which was initially feared to involve multiple terrorists.

Sounds like the sensible thing to do, not putting lives in danger and being able to coordinate a response.

Get a grip.

get a f*cking grip yourself , unarmed people tackled.the london bridge attackers , and this waste of space locked himself in a car with 2 colleagues who were "quite distressed" did they think they were joining the girl guides or the old bill ? , f*cked if id want to be in a trench with you when it came on top.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How can he honestly show his face in public , he watched one of his own stabbed to death and did nothing except lock himself in his car , gutless tosser

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ckey-met-police-inquests-latest-a8574676.html

The Police Force is full of cowardly individuals who beat the shit out of members of the Public in Police Custody or in the street when they outnumber people. Very few of them are ''have a go heros'' although there are obviously some.

I am not enamoured by his actions but neither would I condemn them because it takes a lot more than a badge to tackle head on, a man wielding a massive knife who really doesn't care whether he lives or dies.

His colleagues and the family of the Officer who died have a right to judge his actions. No one on here does because 90 % of us would have done the same.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I must admit it did not sound good. I particularly thought the part about locking the car doors was a bit much, what if a member of the public wanted to get away?

I wonder what the rank and file coppers are thinking?

He's a human being, not a super hero. His rank would mean sod all as a huge blade is aimed at him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The Police Force is full of cowardly individuals who beat the shit out of members of the Public in Police Custody or in the street when they outnumber people. Very few of them are ''have a go heros'' although there are obviously some.

I am not enamoured by his actions but neither would I condemn them because it takes a lot more than a badge to tackle head on, a man wielding a massive knife who really doesn't care whether he lives or dies.

His colleagues and the family of the Officer who died have a right to judge his actions. No one on here does because 90 % of us would have done the same.

i agree with most of your post except the last bit , you might have done the same , i take issue with your figure of 90 %

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He's got to live with his actions for the rest of days now. I expect the opinion of the average plod is that he's a typical desk jockey.
Top brass are more like politicians these days.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

and for what its worth ive been in situations more than once where i had to stand up and be counted .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
i agree with most of your post except the last bit , you might have done the same , i take issue with your figure of 90 %

The reason we have a different view on the percentage is because you are trained in combative action and as such will know a lot more people than I would who may have challenged the 'knifeman'' - Not many people will know such a large percentage as you might

Bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here