Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay - non-civilian, then? - you've commented on whether or not he was 'a civvy', presumably as you feel that makes a difference to how he should have reacted. Thus you agree that his training should have influenced his actions?

I'm asking you whether armed forces training (for example) is generally to rush into an entirely undefined dangerous situation, without assessing it first (for 40 seconds or more).
    if you see a comrade getting stabbed , as he did , the response would be to get involved ASAP
    Clapham JUNCTION Ffs Clapham is nearly 2.miles.up the road

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Okay - non-civilian, then? - you've commented on whether or not he was 'a civvy', presumably as you feel that makes a difference to how he should have reacted. Thus you agree that his training should have influenced his actions?

I'm asking you whether armed forces training (for example) is generally to rush into an entirely undefined dangerous situation, without assessing it first (for 40 seconds or more).
      i havent made the original points on whether he was a civvy or not , ive commented on what others have put.
      Clapham JUNCTION Ffs Clapham is nearly 2.miles.up the road

7 Not allowed!
      If you want the rank then you show leadership, locking yourself in your car whilst one of your men is being killed is simply wrong. He should resign as he can't have any authority left now
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      if you see a comrade getting stabbed , as he did , the response would be to get involved ASAP
      The understandable natural response, for sure.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      How about just instructing the driver to hit the attacker with his car. Not much danger for the occupants in that scenario, although sill a stressful situation.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      If you want the rank then you show leadership, locking yourself in your car whilst one of your men is being killed is simply wrong. He should resign as he can't have any authority left now
      Exactly. When you get to a position of real power and no doubt reward, the deal is that when the shit hits the fan you have to put yourself on the line. No doubt you hope that it never happens, but if it does then that has to be the price that you are willing to pay.

It's called leadership.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Bloody Hell, an ENREST post I agree with...
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Taybha View Post
      Iv'e done the have a go hero bit without thinking just wading in , lost 2 teeth and have a lovely reminder scar on my bonce which rules out my fav number 2 style haircut , would i do it again ? no idea , but i can't judge somebody else for not putting themselves in harms way , that bloke will always think upon his actions or lack of and probably regret doing what he did , but i bet his family will be thankful he didn't do a rambo , can't say i like what he did but in the circumstances i wonder if i would of done the same , who knows until your'e put into the situation itself .
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
      Bloody Hell, an ENREST post I agree with...
      And me. As I said earlier an officer should lead by example.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      Exactly. When you get to a position of real power and no doubt reward, the deal is that when the shit hits the fan you have to put yourself on the line. No doubt you hope that it never happens, but if it does then that has to be the price that you are willing to pay.

It's called leadership.
      I never realised he was a Sir either, he should be stripped of that as well.