Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
and for what its worth ive been in situations more than once where i had to stand up and be counted .

I realise that - However, how well someone can fight is not how I measuse someone as a man or as a human being. I have said I am not enamoured by his actions but I won't go any further than that in judging him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I realise that - However, how well someone can fight is not how I measuse someone as a man or as a human being. I have said I am not enamoured by his actions but I won't go any further than that in judging him.

its not how well someone can fight how i would judge mate , its the willingness.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On the one hand …

When you join the police there is a legitimate expectation that you will challenge a criminal committing a crime to protect the public, even if that means putting yourself in danger.

On the other hand

These situations come and go in a flash with no time to think. Some of us are instinctively brave people like the officer who died. Most of us aren’t and it’s easy to say from behind a keyboard that you’d have acted differently if you were in that situation.

He’s got some honour to make up. If he publicly admitted to not being brave enough and not setting the correct example and confirmed he’ll no longer refer to himself as Sir because of this incident, I’d regain some respect for him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
These situations come and go in a flash with no time to think. Some of us are instinctively brave people like the officer who died. Most of us aren’t and it’s easy to say from behind a keyboard that you’d have acted differently if you were in that situation.

Basically that. One persons actions would be totally different to another persons and its tough to know unless you're put in that situation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
as i asked originally , whats the reasoning behind this post ? you know nothing about what i have or havent done in the past.

I think that the majority of people on here, would understand what you've seen and experienced in your Army days.
Being a trained military person and a civvy, are two different things IMO
Apart from war scenarios, the only experience that civvys get these days, is the atrocities that have happened recently in the UK, where sometimes they do the human thing and run to safety, which is not a bad thing, as they have had no training.
You know that this high ranking copper, wouldn't have been able to do anything, if even if he did have the urge to do so.
I don't see his actions as a cowardly act, just a tad misinformed of what he should have said, or the way he should have said it.
It does take an enormous amount of courage to do anything these days, given the world we are living in. :thumbsup:

whats bullshit ?

The Police being full of Cowards, there are some of course but it certainly isn't full of them.

Our Plod, the ones on the street, run towards danger, unarmed while we the public run the other way.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
On the one hand …

When you join the police there is a legitimate expectation that you will challenge a criminal committing a crime to protect the public, even if that means putting yourself in danger.

On the other hand

He’s got some honour to make up. If he publicly admitted to not being brave enough and not setting the correct example and confirmed he’ll no longer refer to himself as Sir because of this incident, I’d regain some respect for him.

This.

He didn't have to go in all king-fu or all-in-wrestler, all he had to do was make a difference... give the assailant an alternative target, distract him, make him hesitate... that may well have been enough to save the other officer's life. All he had to do was get out the car and shout something, he could have done that without getting any closer, endangering the others in the car. Given the whole incident was over in under 90 seconds, Mackey should have had the instinct or at least the training to know that he had to do something!

Most people wouldn't have the balls to step up and physically tackle a knife-weilding nutter, those that do are rightly called heroic. But... some people are trained to react in a certain way, some are expected to step up and some will do what little they can to try to save another person's life. Mackay was the first and certainly was the second but didn't have the balls for the third. Not fit to wear the uniform IMHO.

If he wants to be a politician then he should be a politician, he certainly shouldn't be a Police Officer.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
imho he made a very bad choice to remain in his car and lock it. he would have had training to deal with many harrowing situations. he bottled it. others would have gone in and helped their colleagues without a second thought for their own safety. there are those of us on here that have had military training and wouldn't think twice about our fellow 'mates' and would not hesitate to go to their aid. he will have to live with the fact that he did what he did.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The Police being full of Cowards, there are some of course but it certainly isn't full of them.

Our Plod, the ones on the street, run towards danger, unarmed while we the public run the other way.

id disagree with you there tbh given my experiences at football.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
imho he made a very bad choice to remain in his car and lock it. he would have had training to deal with many harrowing situations. he bottled it. others would have gone in and helped their colleagues without a second thought for their own safety. there are those of us on here that have had military training and wouldn't think twice about our fellow 'mates' and would not hesitate to go to their aid. he will have to live with the fact that he did what he did.

spot on.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think that the majority of people on here, would understand what you've seen and experienced in your Army days.
Being a trained military person and a civvy, are two different things IMO
Apart from war scenarios, the only experience that civvys get these days, is the atrocities that have happened recently in the UK, where sometimes they do the human thing and run to safety, which is not a bad thing, as they have had no training.
You know that this high ranking copper, wouldn't have been able to do anything, if even if he did have the urge to do so.
I don't see his actions as a cowardly act, just a tad misinformed of what he should have said, or the way he should have said it.
It does take an enormous amount of courage to do anything these days, given the world we are living in. :thumbsup:

hes not a civvy though , is he ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Do you think he may have had orders to stay put, rather than rush in to help?
I do appreciate your opinion, being that I have served in the military myself, but I do think that the training that the military and police go through are entirely different.
I know that certain police get trained for terrorist scenarios, but the normal copper doesn't! :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
this waste of space locked himself in a car with 2 colleagues who were "quite distressed" did they think they were joining the girl guides or the old bill ? , .

The other people in the car were not OB.

The officer said the two other people in the car were not police officers and “if anyone had got out, the way Masood was looking, anyone who got in his way would have been a target”.

Given that the entire incident was over in 90 seconds, and there were armed protection officers on the scene, no action he had taken would have made a material difference (except to HIS reputation).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here