Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    move into work, sorted. you have not been charged for this information.
    I was on here before as 'Hampden Park'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suppose if it's a small family business, he could ask a family member to switch his work laptop on and off each time. Having it on all the time (not even letting it sleep) doesn't sound like a good option.

What's stopping you from bringing it home, does someone else at work need to use the same laptop?
      It's pretty much exactly what you say. The laptop is used by the boss/wife/family even sometimes.
      Thanks for the advice guys
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rool View Post
      It's pretty much exactly what you say. The laptop is used by the boss/wife/family even sometimes.
      Thanks for the advice guys
      Hope you get something sorted. You can go around in circles, and start wasting lots of time with all this stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Sage is available as a cloud based system that can be accessed from any laptop/pc.

https://www.sage.com/en-gb/accounting-software/
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      ive used Gotomypc, which is like logmein, for business related access and seems OK. account restricts access so its not open to the world.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Another recommendation for teamviewer, I use it a lot and it sounds like it will do exactly what you want. There is a non business free for personal use version which is fully functional so I'd recommend installing that to check it does what you need and then if so you could pay for the business license although I'm sure a lot of people use the personal version for light business use not that I'm saying you should.
      I'm Bored!!!!!! Entertain me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rool View Post
      Good afternoon everyone.

I'm going to have an operation on my knees shortly and I am hoping to be able to access my work laptop from my home one.

I just want to be able to access accounting software (Sage 50) to enter transactions and produce reports, so nothing too intensive, but wondered what you guys recommend that is free or fairly low cost as it is only a small company. I'd say under €500 per annum.

The broadband isn't the fastest as it's in a rural area. It is currently running at 13.15mbps download and only .84mbps upload.

I would appreciate any input.

Many thanks
      I do a day a week (spread over evenings and weekend mornings) for my old company and use teamviewer to remote a PC in their office. There is a "nag screen" but you could use the free version quite easily - not advocating, just saying.

Install on both machines. You can wake up a remote machine, just so long as it remains switched on, so don't worry about sleep mode etc.

I use it for work and as "tech support" for my 75yo father-in-law as well, great piece of software.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Team viewer will do what you want as said. Whether you use it for non commercial use or pay for commercial, well either would work. Logmein is a slower in my experience or that might just be the screen refresh.

Or Google desktop which works through chrome, I havent used it yet. Or old school VNC is free for personal use
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Oh only thing with TV IIRC is that the remote control password changes on each reboot of the remote machine
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Hi everyone, just to say thanks for the advice. Team viewer is doing exactly what I needed