Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Peterborough Utd v Brighton U21 Checkatrade Trophy 19.45 Tonight ABAX stadium .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yet again we turn it on in the last 15 of matches, excellent result against a very strong posh side , a win at MK Dons may get us into the next stage , no doubt roared on by thousands of away fans .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, by my reckoning, Luton are through with 6 points.

Albion, Peterborough and MK Dons are all level on 2 points. A win for Albion at MK Dons next month gives us a great chance of progressing (and even a penalty shoot-out win, were Posh to lose to the Hatters).

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
the only thing puzzling me is the tactics .. last U23's game we seemed happy for a 0-0 playing 10 behind the ball .. tonight was positively gung ho in comparison ... not that I am complaining

Possibly because they are a team playing at the level our U23s should be looking at to go out on loan to in January. Possibly added incentive or merely told to turn it up?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yet again we turn it on in the last 15 of matches, excellent result against a very strong posh side , a win at MK Dons may get us into the next stage , no doubt roared on by thousands of away fans .

7,000 again?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U21s head to a League One side to play their second Checkatrade Trophy group match after losing their opening game; they fall behind 2-0 but fight back to earn the draw, 2-2. In the penalty shoot-out Albion win 5-4 after the 'keeper saves one spot-kick.

I'm talking, of course, about Albion's match at Oxford United last season (played on October 3 2017). Some spooky similarities with tonight's happenings.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was it available on seagulls tv to watch tonight after all ?

I was definitely able to watch it (with commentary). I'm not sure exactly what this Albion tweet means, but I assume ALL Seagulls TV subscribers (whether at home or abroad) could watch it?

[TWEET]1049735574389776384[/TWEET]

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
from the commentary they said ... and I cant say its official or not .. 42 away fans attended the game , would probably need to see the Posh website for official numbers

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was definitely able to watch it (with commentary). I'm not sure exactly what this Albion tweet means, but I assume ALL Seagulls TV subscribers (whether at home or abroad) could watch it?

[TWEET]1049735574389776384[/TWEET]
It was available in Wales.

:)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was really impressed with the academy team last night. The main thing I noticed was how comfortable they all were on the ball under pressure. They’d receive passes whilst being marked and still be able to retain and work the ball around. The Peterborough team wasn’t the absolute strongest they could have fielded, but the commentators said it was the first choice defence plus other first team starters.

The future looks quite promising, I’m looking forward to seeing them progress.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brilliant penalty save by our keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here