Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Peterborough Utd v Brighton U21 Checkatrade Trophy 19.45 Tonight ABAX stadium .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I know this isn't the first time we've played in this tournament with the u-21's but for some reason it feels far more bizarre playing Peterborough's (supposed) first team with our u-21's. It's not that long ago at all that we had some really good, big, important away day games there. It's just a difficult one to get my head round that they now have to play our kids rather than our senior team.

On the other hand if we could draw pompey in the tournament and they had to suffer the indignity of playing our youth team that would be bloody awesome!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Couple of surprise inclusions in the squad: Viktor Gyokeres starts, despite being in the Swedish U-20 squad for a couple of friendlies in Marbella (the first game is on Saturday so he presumably travels after this match), and Peter Gwargis is on the bench despite being included in the Swedish U-19 squad for two matches away in Romania (with the first played on Friday).

The Argus also expected Steele or Button to feature, but neither do, with Collings in goal and 1st-year scholar Roco Rees on the bench:-

[TWEET]1049717378727194625[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Strong line-up for Posh, who sit second in the table in League One, with only 5 changes from the weekend; former Albion development squad winger Joe Ward is on the bench:-

[TWEET]1049717372427362306[/TWEET]

Could be lots of goals in this one.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
3 at the back or Barclay in midfield? He’s usually a flat back 4 isn’t he Rusk?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A heavy defeat for our kids tonight

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
only audio on Seagull Player.

Not for me......

Posh.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For those watching, who want to identify players on both sides:-

[TWEET]1049720071168450560[/TWEET]

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
H=Taybha;8627805]The U21/23s take on The Posh tonight at the ABAX stadium , after getting a 2-1 battering v Luton last time out this will be another stern test for the Albion youngsters , one thing that has become very noticeable this season is how ZB strong we look going into the last 15 minutes of games compared to our opponents so hopefully we can run them around and keep them out for 75 minutes then pop up with a goal or 2 ourselves , our Seagulls TV site suggests a minimum of live Commentary tonight so with a bit of luck we may get to see the game live .

Here's the Posh match preview as our lot are not out of bed yet .

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/o...vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-u21-on-09-oct-18/[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Playing well.

edit: ooops my fault

1-0 Peterborough

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Half time odds 18/1 Albion to win. Had a little wager. Come on Connely and co

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Mugged , the only word for that first half ... playing much better than Posh but find ourselves 1-0 behind ... should be 2 up , there's no justice in football sometimes

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know this isn't the first time we've played in this tournament with the u-21's but for some reason it feels far more bizarre playing Peterborough's (supposed) first team with our u-21's. It's not that long ago at all that we had some really good, big, important away day games there. It's just a difficult one to get my head round that they now have to play our kids rather than our senior team.

On the other hand if we could draw pompey in the tournament and they had to suffer the indignity of playing our youth team that would be bloody awesome!

I find it pretty funny that last season Sunderland's U-21s played in this competition; this season, it's their first team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here