Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Peterborough Utd v Brighton U21 Checkatrade Trophy 19.45 Tonight ABAX stadium .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The U21/23s take on The Posh tonight at the ABAX stadium , after getting a 2-1 battering v Luton last time out this will be another stern test for the Albion youngsters , one thing that has become very noticeable this season is how strong we look going into the last 15 minutes of games compared to our opponents so hopefully we can run them around and keep them out for 75 minutes then pop up with a goal or 2 ourselves , our Seagulls TV site suggests a minimum of live Commentary tonight so with a bit of luck we may get to see the game live .

Here's the Posh match preview as our lot are not out of bed yet .

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/o...vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-u21-on-09-oct-18/

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We’ve got a few options for playing senior players working their way back to fitness.

Andone, Izquierdo, Stephens, Gross. Others needing game time, Balogan, Bernardo. (we can play 3 seniors? Am I right?)

Doubt we’ll do it though.

And how long has it been the ABAX? I'm completely out of touch

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yet again the albion will be missing some U21s as another checkatrade fixture is in an international break.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We’ve got a few options for playing senior players working their way back to fitness.

Andone, Izquierdo, Stephens, Gross. Others needing game time, Balogan, Bernardo. (we can play 3 seniors? Am I right?)

Doubt we’ll do it though.

And how long has it been the ABAX? I'm completely out of touch

They sold the naming rights for £500k can't remember if it was 2014-15 or 13-14 season but it's been called that for a good while , iv'e found myself i'm losing touch a bit with the lower leagues which i was always more interested in before we became Premier League , it was to my astonishment that i only found out Portsmouth were top ish of League 1 recently i thought they were conference by now .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
That preview tells you precisely nothing beyond what a perusal of the recent U21s fixtures would. Like who might actually be in the squad. It even mentions Gyorkeres without noting he is away with the Sweden U21s. Poor.

Yep , it seems quite strange that the U21s/23s whatever you want to call them get very little exposure , which after spending millions on a new training facility and academy is even more strange , it's almost like somebody realises there's a game on and fumbles around on the PC for 10 minutes to do a match preview , it's a shame because people are missing out on some fantastic football from the youngsters and their progress has been on par with the first team in reality , and i for one want to know what's actually going on within the squad , i don't know how much interest there is from our fans regarding the U23 set up but it's not like the club have done that much to get more people interested in the first place , the lazy style preview kind of sums up how things seem to be from HQ regarding the youngsters PR wise , AZ Gull provides more info than i ever get from the club on the U23s , the Ifollow shambles of last season is slowly improving to be fair so we have actually seen some games this season , i hope it changes for the better .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is Connolly away as well?

Would like to see Andone given a start especially if our goalscoring machine Connolly is not avaliable tonight.

Strangely, Connolly has not been included in the ROI U-19 squad for their three qualifiers starting tomorrow - Ireland U19: Mohan names squad for Qualifying Round

As far as I know he isn't injured, and he scored (and missed a penalty) in their most recent friendly a month ago; not sure what is going on there.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
our Seagulls TV site suggests a minimum of live Commentary tonight so with a bit of luck we may get to see the game live .

for those lucky to have access (legally or not) ....

Access to the match live on iFollow will be available shortly before kick-off

doubt will be on SeagullsTV but you never know your luck

from : https://www.theposh.com/matches/fix...vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-u21-on-09-oct-18/

For the last fixture at Luton, Seagulls TV subscribers were able to watch the Luton Town feed (and commentary), so hopefully the same set-up will apply tonight.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
What kind of lunatic is going to pay that?

Its a rip-off when a stream costs more than ticket price but then they got to cover some of the cost of providing free admission to STH home fans.

TBH I think iFollow is a rip-off at £100 for the year considering the small number of games it carries. It kind of holds supporters who are not local to ransom if they really want to follow their team or locals who cant get to away games.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Strangely, Connolly has not been included in the ROI U-19 squad for their three qualifiers starting tomorrow - Ireland U19: Mohan names squad for Qualifying Round

As far as I know he isn't injured, and he scored (and missed a penalty) in their most recent friendly a month ago; not sure what is going on there.

I know I'm quoting myself, but....

Connolly was sent-off in his last competitive appearance at international level, in the UEFA 2018 U-19 European Championship Elite Round qualifier against Portugal on March 27. I don't know all the ins-and-outs of suspensions at international level, but I wonder if he is serving a suspension? If so, he has either been left out of the ROI squad for that reason, or he might even join up with them when his suspension has been served.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here