Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you ever resorted to vigilantism out of frustration with a lack of police response?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Considered it on a few occasions and had the options to get it done. Realised that it really wouldn't be worth it. Decent people generally have more to lose than the scumbags unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Seem some stuff near the front of my place. What do I do? They KNOW where I live...??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Quite. I have posted on here before how everyone who has crossed me egregiously has come to a sticky end without any action by me. One protagonist (I won't give details that may identify, but it was when I was at school) was actually dead within a year. This (self-generating retribution) had happend so many times I tend to feel wryly sorry for people who annoy me now, owing to the invitable. :laugh:

Your name isn't Damien is it ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. I’m merely not hard enough, besides it’s somewhat inevitable you get identified administering a Chinese burn on account of your proximity to the victim.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I used to live in a small Oxfordshire town that had a very clever drug dealer who was always clean when his house was raided. Two fathers whose daughters had been turned into junkies by this dealer arranged a meeting to get drugs for their daughters. Together they beat seven shades of shit out of him and left in a layby outside Witney. They phoned for an ambulance and left. The dealer is now a cabbage. The Thames Valley Chief Constable said he did not condone the action of the people whoever they were but at least there was one less drug dealer on the streets. Evidently I heard drugs were impossible to obtain in the town for months.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've resorted to it a couple of times.

We'd had quite a lot of anti-social behaviour from a gang of youths in our street and one night mine and my neighbour's houses had eggs thrown at the windows. I ran out and bumped into my neighbour in the road. We spotted the gang just down the road still throwing eggs and so gave chase. Caught the slowest of the group. We had to use some 'force' to restrain him :wink: and then proceeded to explain to him what would happen if we ever saw him or his mates in the street again. He nearly shat himself. Never had any trouble again. What is remarkable is how he took us seriously given my neighbour, who was a strapping 6 foot 4 plus roofer, had come out in his boxers, some pink fluffy slippers and his wife's silk gown !

Other time was to remove a tenant and his four uninvited mates from a flat after they had smashed it up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Blame the people in charge of us FFS

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's the traveller syndrome as far as the police and the authorities are concerned, isn't it. If you or I bought a caravan and went on holiday and parked up somewhere that wasn't a caravan site, they'd be on us quicker than Murray flicking his foot out to direct the ball in the back of the net; easy targets are us law abiding citizens.

Harder cases, who might cause more trouble/red tape/difficulties/violence/accusations of racism? - no, too much effort - they've been set targets to reach; that's the modern way of management, far from the front line and gung-ho for 'efficiency'........... so naturally the people in the front line who want to get good annual reports will go for easy targets.

That is also an interesting point as we always pay when we park on the seafront for our afternoon walks at the weekend, BUT there is always a group of people who have converted lorrys and vans who park there and in effect live there. They do not get booked for overstaying their time as according to one meter maid, it is not worth the council perusing these peop,e so they turn a blind eye.

But to the rest of us, we are fair game and if you are 5 minutes over your time, you are fined £25 plus.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No. I’m merely not hard enough, besides it’s somewhat inevitable you get identified administering a Chinese burn on account of your proximity to the victim.

I'm not sure it's about being 'hard enough', it's remembering that there's ALWAYS someone harder than you so if you're going to go down the vigilante route, it's going to come back and bite you at some point :)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Quite. I have posted on here before how everyone who has crossed me egregiously has come to a sticky end without any action by me. One protagonist (I won't give details that may identify, but it was when I was at school) was actually dead within a year. This (self-generating retribution) had happend so many times I tend to feel wryly sorry for people who annoy me now, owing to the invitable. :laugh:

Karma's a bitch. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We haven't, but a neighbour of ours did. We came out to find our driver's window had been kicked in, and walking along the road, we saw a neighbour's very expensive car had a perfectly formed footprint on it. His glass was obviously a lot tougher than ours.
We knocked on the door, and showed him his car, and ours. We rang the police and explained the evidence was clear to see, but they didn't want to know, but at least we had a crime no. for our insurance!
He stormed off muttering threats about nobody touches my car and gets away with it. We found out later, he'd gone down into town and put a few words into appropriate earholes.
We haven't had any car vandalism since.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
.....but at least there was one less drug dealer on the streets. Evidently I heard drugs were impossible to obtain in the town for months.

... until another cockroach started selling them, and it all started again? I've a good friend in the constabulary who regularly takes down and/or disrupts drugs gangs. He says that by arresting them you're not eradicating them, you are simply 'creating a vacancy'. They can't win.

We need a new branch of the force called the 'Common Sense Police'.. An elite unit, one in every town - with the power to shoot people between the eyes, chop hands and feet off (or genitals), taser at will, gas/smoke tosspot tenants out of properties, make litterers eat what they've thrown on the street, and have the tools at their disposal to detonate lawns and flower beds with shitting cats on. Any more suggestions? :glare:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
No. But when I was.a kid a guy at my school stole my bike from outside my house to ride home and then slung it in the river Ouse. I found this out from whispers at school. Not a lot I could do about it and to make matters worse to my 14/15 year old self he bragged about it a few times.

I did chuckle when, a few years later, I read on the front of the Argus he had his hand severed iin an industrial accident.

A particular harsh case of Sharia law applied by misadventure or karmic destiny.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've resorted to it a couple of times.

......had come out in his boxers, some pink fluffy slippers and his wife's silk gown !

That was probably the scary part. Seeing your neighbour dressed like that it probably scared him to imagine what particularly bizarre form of retribution he might be subjected to. Images of gimp masks, studded dog collars and fluffy hand cuffs probably flashed through his mind.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You are Don Corleone and I claim my five pounds......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let me know if you'd like him to have a fatal accident.

I've PM'ed you my details with payment terms.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's almost as if you're confessing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A particular harsh case of Sharia law applied by misadventure or karmic destiny.

The guy was a cock, and continued to be a cock in the work place...by being macho and not putting a guard down on a machine he was using. It was his own doing.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
No. But when I was.a kid a guy at my school stole my bike from outside my house to ride home and then slung it in the river Ouse. I found this out from whispers at school. Not a lot I could do about it and to make matters worse to my 14/15 year old self he bragged about it a few times.

I did chuckle when, a few years later, I read on the front of the Argus he had his hand severed iin an industrial accident.

I had a similar experience when I was a cub scout when my bike was nicked outside of the cub hut during my attendance at one of the weekly Thursday evening pack meetings. When I discovered it missing my suspicion was immediately drawn to one of the local ne'er-do-wells who was also a nemesis of mine as he belonged to a rival middle class gang of 8 year olds. I immediately tracked down my stolen bicycle abandoned on his front lawn. The disposal or concealing of evidence obviously hadn't yet been mastered in his criminal repertoire and I merely retrieved my bicycle from his lawn. A couple of weeks later he happened to be waiting at the same bus stop as me so it was then that I seized my opportunity to exact retribution. This consisted of wrestling him to the ground and putting him in a headlock while our respective mothers looked away in embarrassment. Justice was swift and ruthless on the mean streets of middle class Hove during the early 70s.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We need a new branch of the force called the 'Common Sense Police'.. An elite unit, one in every town - with the power to shoot people between the eyes, chop hands and feet off (or genitals), taser at will, gas/smoke tosspot tenants out of properties, make litterers eat what they've thrown on the street, and have the tools at their disposal to detonate lawns and flower beds with shitting cats on. Any more suggestions? :glare:

Judge Dredd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here