Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff City appeal against Joe Ralls red card - Why?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

One of the more obvious instances of the law being applied correctly.

Particularly as the ball was long gone.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Absolutely a red card. If he was just 'taking one for the team' to stop a counter attack he could have just clipped his ankle or pulled his arm. But this was an aggressive lunge which could have injured the Spurs player. & the ball was so far infront of them I assume the ref basically treated it in the same way he would as an off the ball kick to a player, straight red.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Absolute red! No argument for taking out a player with no intention of playing the ball.
It was high and dangerous.
He deserves an extended ban for appealing imho.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, anyone who thinks that wasn't a red needs to book an appointment with an opticians pronto.

If that's not a frivolous appeal, I'm not sure what the definition would be

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Absolute red! No argument for taking out a player with no intention of playing the ball.
It was high and dangerous.
He deserves an extended ban for appealing imho.

Has any player had an extended ban recently for a frivolous appeal?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was going to pull out a yellow but the Spurs players surrounded him. Sounds familiar ? Knocking the card out of his hand ?

If you watch it again you will see that at no time was he going to give a yellow card as he went straight to the pocket with the red card in. At no time did he hesitate and go to the other pocket with the yellow card in. The action of the Spurs players had no influence as to which card whatsoever. He had decided immediately it happened.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Has any player had an extended ban recently for a frivolous appeal?
I don't recall a recent ban being extended but in this case... this was 'taking one for the team' to the extreme!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the very definition of a frivolous appeal. An extra match ban should be the result, for insulting the intelligence and wasting everyones time.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, anyone who thinks that wasn't a red needs to book an appointment with an opticians pronto.

If that's not a frivolous appeal, I'm not sure what the definition would be

This. Anyone who thought that was a yellow, please don’t be on a jury.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here