Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non League Day October 13

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shoreham 1-3 Langney United for me. A good game of football between two struggling teams. Some good performances from the Shoreham boys, the goalkeeper was very good and the 2nd for Langney was a contender for goal of the weekend anywhere in England - beautiful clean strike from 20 yards which picked out the top corner an absolute treat. £4 entry with an Albion season ticket so I think I'll step out that way more often when the Albion aren't at home. Lovely pitch they have there, and an Akinfenwa-style number 9 who dropped into midfield to start spraying passes around all over the place which was surprising! Quality day out, standard iffy burger but £3.50 for a bottle of Bulmers was perfectly reasonable.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Tonbridge 1-2 Bognor.

Cracking game between two very good footballing sides. 800+ crowd including a decent travelling contingent from the coast.

Tonbridge played the better football in the first half but Bognor probably shaded the chances. Second half Bognor started like a train and deservedly took the lead. Tonbridge got back into the game with about 20 mins to go. The Tonbridge keeper then got caught by the Bognor forward right on the knee which caused a 6 or 7 minute stoppage and resulted in the keeper leaving the field on a stretcher despite the Bognor fans behind the goal insisting the keeper was putting it on.

Just as 8 mins of stoppage time was announced Bognor took the lead which prompted a mass exodus from the home fans, those of you that moan about early leavers at the Amex would have been spitting feathers. Bognor held on to continue their unbeaten start to the season.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
3 gigs out East this weekend so St Neots Town 0 Kettering Town 3. Southern Central Bostik League leaders Poppies walked the wind assisted second half. Homeless (playing at Burton Latimer, not as far as Gillingham) since their Rockingham Road ground was Archered in 2011 but land has been purchased in Kettering, I was told, and they will be back in 'about three years'. Where have we heard that before?
No Alessi samples on the St Neots PA though, HMHB fans. :)
Rockingham Road in 2016. It's still there. Club wanted to move back in but developers who bought it want it to stay as it is - presumably until they can make more money.
Weird fact I learned yesterday: Kettering Town have scored more FA Cup goals than anyone else, apparently.

Attachments

• 2016-03-03-12-10-56.jpg
    2016-03-03-12-10-56.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Rockingham Road in 2016. It's still there. Club wanted to move back in but developers who bought it want it to stay as it is - presumably until they can make more money.

Man, I don’t know how I or we could have coped with travelling to Gillingham, which was hard enough knowing the ground was still there abandoned, the hurt and anger would be in your face every day.....

So sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here