Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Wolves Tickets

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Alternatively, glass half-full approach, will give those not able to commit until the last minute a great opportunity to attend.
Evidence from the West Ham game would suggest there are not many people falling into this category...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I really can't see the problem with this.

The game has sold out, you try and buy tickets on the exchange which have to have been released at full adult price, all the club do is facilitate the exchange surely? They have already sold the tickets....

I'm the first one to criticise Barber for his irritating penny pinching but can see his point here.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Evidence from the West Ham game would suggest there are not many people falling into this category...

Don't forget that it was Friday night with the challenge of getting home after 11pm if you are on the edge of the county, plus it was being televised.
I would imagine the Wolves game will be far more appealing to many fans with children or who need to travel for more than an hour.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The game has sold out, you try and buy tickets on the exchange which have to have been released at full adult price, all the club do is facilitate the exchange surely? They have already sold the tickets....
This paragraph doesn't make sense.

The whole point is that the club are not "facilitating" a like for like exchange. They are refunding tickets at the child rate and then RESELLING only at the full adult rate.

I can understand why you're not bothered about this but I think it is just another brick in the wall that acts to keep people out of modern football unless they are lucky enough to be in the club who can afford high ticket prices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This paragraph doesn't make sense.

The whole point is that the club are not "facilitating" a like for like exchange. They are refunding tickets at the child rate and then RESELLING only at the full adult rate.

I can understand why you're not bothered about this but I think it is just another brick in the wall that acts to keep people out of modern football unless they are lucky enough to be in the club who can afford high ticket prices.

If that were the only scenario in play then you'd be correct in highlighting it as wrong.

However, if an adult season ticket is put into the exchange, the ST holder will receive c£30 back (depending on the ticket and the match category) whilst the ticket may sell to an u-18 for £15 (depending on ticket area/category again) so the club will have lost out for facilitating the transaction.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well done you. In addition to the availability of those match by match concessionary tickets there are, of course, season tickets available that represent extremely good value especially for Junior Seagulls.

All is well in Barberland. Nothing to see here. The fact that the Albion will be charging £41 for a young child to watch us play Wolves is simply a comforting reflection on how much progress we have made as a club.

Simply blaming Paul Barber is ridiclous in my opinion. It's unfortunate l agree, but this sort of practice is common place now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If that were the only scenario in play then you'd be correct in highlighting it as wrong.

However, if an adult season ticket is put into the exchange, the ST holder will receive c£30 back (depending on the ticket and the match category) whilst the ticket may sell to an u-18 for £15 (depending on ticket area/category again) so the club will have lost out for facilitating the transaction.

Indeed. It works both ways.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
8 available right now. 4 in S1A and 4 in S1H

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
And maybe it would all balance out if all tickets were sold at different age groups. We don't have access to the data that would confirm that though...

Must be so many youngsters that do not have STs for cost reasons or lack of 3pm games. Here we have a 3pm KO not on TV. Great shame if tickets now appear on ticket x they still wont be able to go because they wont pay £40 for a child ticket. With overall money involved club should be able to the loss on a few tickets

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Must be so many youngsters that do not have STs for cost reasons or lack of 3pm games. Here we have a 3pm KO not on TV. Great shame if tickets now appear on ticket x they still wont be able to go because they wont pay £40 for a child ticket. With overall money involved club should be able to the loss on a few tickets
I agree with you 100%. It seems that many others do not and are perfectly happy with the trend towards ever more expensive and exclusive football at the Albion.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Indeed - which is why I said the tickets have to be released at full price.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely a good portion of the relisted tickets on the exchange must come from kids season tickets? For this game it will be from families away for half term and evening games it'll be because it's too late for young ones.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

My refund for the Spurs game was £17.42 in the north stand (over 65). The club will win some and lose some.

el punal

I agree with you 100%. It seems that many others do not and are perfectly happy with the trend towards ever more expensive and exclusive football at the Albion.

Having read your valid comments regarding ticket pricing, albeit via the ticket exchange, the overriding problem here is supply and demand, with the demand far in excess of supply. I suppose those unfortunate enough not to be season ticket holder always run the risk of not being able to purchase a ticket at the concessionary rate and therefore having to gamble on the availability of the ticket exchange. It’s certainly not ideal but I’m not sure what else the club the can do in the circumstances

Remember, that those tickets (on the ticket exchange) have already been sold. The club have stepped in to act as a “third party” to facilitate the resale and ensure that there are as few empty seats as possible. In that way the ST holder who can’t make the game is reimbursed and someone who previously could not get a ticket now can. At least this system is fair rather than the possibility of unused tickets ending up being bought and sold by an unscrupulous black marketeer out to make a whopping profit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here