Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Wolves Tickets

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can just about remember them... I started going at age 5 in 1978. Used to sit on the wall in front of the terracing in the main (Waterloo Road) stand which was a couple of inches higher than pitch level. Good times :). Then got a season ticket when the new "John Ireland stand" was built about 5 miles away from the pitch....

You just missed a match in May76 when 30,000 away fans were crammed in on your huge South Bank. An amazing evening match, I can still remember listening to BBC radio, commentary probably from the brilliant Peter Jones. Even Wolves fans talk about the scenes.

I’ve always liked Wolves and disliked WBA, I don’t know why. I remember your 1980 League Cup Final win over Forest, the brilliant Steve Bull as you marched up the divisions, and on Brighton’s amazing win at Molineux Easter 17 ... 99% of your fans were great.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmm I can remember before the Manure home game a Swiss family, (not Robinson), being told by the ticket office just before the game, that the only availibility was for four lounge access seats, l think they were over #100 each though, not very good either, at the far southern end of the West Stand middle tier adjacent to the corner flag.

They seemed very happy to take them though.

You know we’ve made it when Familie Federer visit the Amex.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've just put mine on the Season Ticket Exchange so there should be one for the East Upper going on soon.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It's one area that the club have got really wrong, ticket pricing for normal Premier League games for younger kids/fans.

For starters the Under 18 price point (I paid £18 for my 8-y-o daughter for West Ham) is just wrong for say a 6-10 year-old, there should be another one at 11 or 12. They only have to look at what other clubs do. Cat A is £25-£32 for an Under-18, is that for real for a six-year-old? Cat B is £18-26, and Cat C £15-20. All way too high for those Under-10 kids.

And I didn't know about the seats all being resold at adult prices via the exchange. It's bad enough the above farce, let alone charging them adult prices. That is shocking. Really greedy, and very easy to fix.

Yes. Its more expensive to see the Albion on a match by match basis, especially for u18s and especially for Cat A matches and prohibitive if you wait for the ticket exchange to kick in. (although last season and this - tickets often went to general sale).

However season ticket prices for u10s (and u18s) are not shocking , or greedy or exceptional. They were £80 - £185 this season depending on where you sit. Roughly £5-10 per match.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mine will be going on the ticket exchange soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. Its more expensive to see the Albion on a match by match basis, especially for u18s and especially for Cat A matches and prohibitive if you wait for the ticket exchange to kick in. (although last season and this - tickets often went to general sale).

However season ticket prices for u10s (and u18s) are not shocking , or greedy or exceptional. They were £80 - £185 this season depending on where you sit. Roughly £5-10 per match.

Agreed. Leicester (Cat B) is still on general sale with availability - prices (E1H so not the highest) are Adult £41.00, 65+ £31.00, Under 21 £31.00, Under 18 £21.00. There is an exchange seat currently available in the North Stand for £30 for Wolves (C Cat)

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
You just missed a match in May76 when 30,000 away fans were crammed in on your huge South Bank. An amazing evening match, I can still remember listening to BBC radio, commentary probably from the brilliant Peter Jones. Even Wolves fans talk about the scenes.

I’ve always liked Wolves and disliked WBA, I don’t know why. I remember your 1980 League Cup Final win over Forest, the brilliant Steve Bull as you marched up the divisions, and on Brighton’s amazing win at Molineux Easter 17 ... 99% of your fans were great.

Yep, too young to remember the '76 game vs Liverpool
A lot of our newer fans don't even realise that the North Bank used to be the "Home" end despite being smaller than the South Bank. The South bank was normally split between sides with a gap in the middle. Remember sitting on the wall by the side of the pitch when a load of Blues supporters invaded the pitch , running from the South bank towards the North. Only time I can remember being scared actually inside the stadium...
Rumours are that the South Bank is going to be rebuilt/extended at the end of the season. Looks like it could be about 10000, even more if they actually allowed safe standing back...

Wolves vs Brighton....... I think we could win 36 matches in a 38 games season, but still lose twice to you. Strange how some teams are bogey sides.At least we have managed the odd draw or two more recently.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Our three tickets in the family stand have just been listed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Quick ticketing question, does the club need notifying of a senior citizen using a full price adult ticket?

No, it's only if you are bringing someone who should be paying more money not less, i.e. an adult using a senior citizen or child ticket, or senior citizen using a child ticket.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No, it's only if you are bringing someone who should be paying more money not less, i.e. an adult using a senior citizen or child ticket, or senior citizen using a child ticket.

I thought as much, but didn’t want to just assume that to be the case. Thank you.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Unfortunately I can't make the game, so if anyone is still looking there's 2 tickets on in back row of s1i now available.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All credit to club. First time they have made early effort to push ticket exchange. Would be interesting to know how many tickets club sell on exchange

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Being it's a sell out, what is the best way of obtaining tickets for my grandson (young seagulls plus member) and I (bronze member) should they become available? Any advice appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i will probably have 2 spares tomorrow , you could upgrade one for yourself and your grandson can have his for free

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Well the push by the Club to advertise the Ticket Exchange has had an effect! According to AN we've sold record amounts of resale tickets, beating the 540 that got sold for Man Utd last season:

"Ticket resales have gone well past the previous high of 540 against Manchester United.
The record attendance at the Amex is 30,634 for Liverpool's 5-1 victory last December. "

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...de-which-nearly-signed-him-when-wolves-visit/

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well the push by the Club to advertise the Ticket Exchange has had an effect! According to AN we've sold record amounts of resale tickets, beating the 540 that got sold for Man Utd last season:

"Ticket resales have gone well past the previous high of 540 against Manchester United.
The record attendance at the Amex is 30,634 for Liverpool's 5-1 victory last December. "

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...de-which-nearly-signed-him-when-wolves-visit/

Excellent to see them step this up. It was the only thing I felt they were letting themselves down on but this is great.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Kind of irrelevant in terms of the attendance numbers though isn't it ? All the resales will be season tickets, which will have been included as sold seats in the attendance figures. The positive thing is there should be very few empty seats (until 83 mins anyway) - the rail replacement bus shitshow tomorrow won't help though (wonder if that's partly why so many seats have been put up for resale)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here