Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves fans

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Yes, it is 'Wolves fanS'. Twitter yesterday awash with Wolves' OUTRAGE over this huge affront to their boy. And incredulity that 'donkey' Dunk (who they've each probably seen play about twice, to form their opinions) can possibly be ahead of him.

Similar reactions from a few Newcastle fans (over Lascelles), one or two Bournemouth (Cook) and amusingly, even a couple of Palace (Tomkins :lol: )

You get it at all clubs showing their bias towards their player.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure why Tarkowski got into the squad ahead of ... Coady on the basis of this season.

Well, quite obviously, because its NOT about 'this season' is it?

Coady has played 8 PL matches, and seemingly, was slated by your fans after the first two of those? So SIX decent top-flight matches. How can even the most partisan Wolves fans think he had anything but a slim outside chance at this stage?

Dunk himself was made to wait - watching the significantly inferior Mawson make squad after squad ahead of him, because Southgate decided he had to get a season of top level experience under his belt first. And Dunk had a LOT more higher-end Championship experience in the bank than Coady, too.

Coady's time will come, if he's as good as they think he is. He's just got to keep performing well, over a longer period :shrug:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Give them their due. The #cpfc thread says they were taunting the Nigels with "where's your famous atmosphere?" on Saturday. :O

Respect.

Yoda

English & European
Coady looks decent enough. I'm sure his chance will come. But for Wolves fans to be reacting the way they are - like his omission after half a dozen top-flight appearances is some huge affront - is utterly ridiculous.

Totally this.

The average position of opposition for Wolves when they've played them is 12th, compared to our 7th.

All they've played so far is Man City & a shite United. Lets give it a few more months and see then shall we?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like Coady a lot. Don't have a problem with Wolves fans bemoaning his omission.

I'm genuinely thrilled for LD though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought Newcastle were precious about Lascelles not being called up to the England squad however the Wolves fans reactions on twitter to Conor Coady not being called up is gold!

Would our fans have been very different if it was Lewis who had missed out? Conor Coady is a good defender and still very young. With Southgate's leaning towards youth his time will come.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would be more than comfortable to sit here and say Coady or Lascelles should be ahead of Dunk. I want the best players possible playing for England. However, the only one of the three I watch every other week for 90mins is Lewis so I couldn't POSSIBLE make a comparison and be fair to the other non-Brighton players.

Yet, you have fans from everywhere saying "Player X should be ahead of player Y". What are they basing this on? 5 minutes on MOTD?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dunk is a country mile ahead of Coady.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would our fans have been very different if it was Lewis who had missed out? Conor Coady is a good defender and still very young. With Southgate's leaning towards youth his time will come.

He’s only a year younger than Dunk :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally this.

The average position of opposition for Wolves when they've played them is 12th, compared to our 7th.

All they've played so far is Man City & a shite United. Lets give it a few more months and see then shall we?

It's more about the number of games played though, any player can play well in a one off game against top six opposition. It's the consistency that is key for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here