Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 years ago tonight

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lickergate.

A decade on looking back, an interesting experience, and to think that night at the Withdean against Leyton Orient in the Mickey Mouse Trophy in front of a few thousand, who could have ever imagined that 10 years on, we’d be in the Premier League and averaging over 30,000 in the League every week?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
bit harsh. post deleted.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The phone-in was really worth listening to. I still enjoy listening if I can after a match, but Harty, you were controversial at times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really, someone mentioned it in the pub today, not only the witchunt that followed, but how far the Albion have come in 10 years.

Fair enough. Apologies. In any case, I though you were unreasonably roughed up at the time. No wonder it sticks in your mind. Yes, we have come one hell of a long way. And yet it seems like yesterday....nights at the Theatre of Trees were great - especially Chaterfraud, and the Virgo miracle(s). All the best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The phone-in was really worth listening to. I still enjoy listening if I can after a match, but Harty, you were controversial at times.

My favourite phone in was when Trolley phoned up and very articulately gave Harty a dressing down :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes, we drove instead of catching the train. We would always listen to Harty on the way home.

I remember there was a furore over some disabled being mocked by posters who used to be on here. (I can't remember the exact details) It was strange when you met the people accused at away games. It was definitely smaller circles in the withdean days.

Dave the Gaffer used to co-host at one time. He used to ask us to phone in, when we used to chat in the Sportsman but it wasn't easy when catching the train.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I remember listening at the time - it was blatantly obvious that neither presenter knew a window licker had anything to do with disabled children, or whatever it was. It’s hardly a well known phrase (thankfully).
The Way the BBC handled it was an embarrassment. Looked to me like they used it as an excuse to get shot of employees they’d had enough of anyway. Classic corporate bullshit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I remember listening at the time - it was blatantly obvious that neither presenter knew a window licker had anything to do with disabled children, or whatever it was. It’s hardly a well known phrase (thankfully).
The Way the BBC handled it was an embarrassment. Looked to me like they used it as an excuse to get shot of employees they’d had enough of anyway. Classic corporate bullshit.

Agreed!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was it linked to someone on NSC suggesting Alan Ball become the England manager?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lickergate.

A decade on looking back, an interesting experience, and to think that night at the Withdean against Leyton Orient in the Mickey Mouse Trophy in front of a few thousand, who could have ever imagined that 10 years on, we’d be in the Premier League and averaging over 30,000 in the League every week?

Beyond our wildest dreams ....and thanks for reminding us of a great show

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here