Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That’s perfectly ok - I don’t know what I was thinking in expecting you to know the difference between a loan and an investment :)
I'm an accountant so I understand that just fine thanks.

You're either Palace or a little bit hard of thinking.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes - I guess so

Mind you I’ve managed to get away with it for 40 years, Obviously the season ticket and away game trips no longer work as a disguise. :(
As I said, I totally apologise if you're a Brighton fan, but if that's the case then you really need to do a bit of reading about YOUR club and your owner.

You managed to bring up a link to the 2017 accounts but you don't seem to have a clue about the whole ethos of Bloom, his investment, his long term plan and the club in general.

40 years of support, one would think you'd get what's going on now.

It's also very odd that you'd get all that wrong and also slag other Brighton fans off for laughing at Palace.

Anyway, as you were.

LL

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
As I said, I totally apologise if you're a Brighton fan, but if that's the case then you really need to do a bit of reading about YOUR club and your owner.

You managed to bring up a link to the 2017 accounts but you don't seem to have a clue about the whole ethos of Bloom, his investment, his long term plan and the club in general.

40 years of support, one would think you'd get what's going on now.

It's also very odd that you'd get all that wrong and also slag other Brighton fans off for laughing at Palace.

Anyway, as you were.

LL

If you see that commenting on some of the puerile arguments and posts made about Palace, Bournemouth, Portsmouth is “slagging” them off then I plead guilty.

Far too much nonsense is spouted about our rivals that as far as I can see make us just look silly.

Yes I do know the “ethos” of TB and what he’s done for the club - how could I not know. That still doesn’t make statements such as “we, (the club), has no debt”, accurate.

Considering how much he has done for the club then I wouldn’t begrudge any repayment of what he is owed once, (when/if), the club is in a position to do so.

I linked to the club’s accounts so that you, as an accountant, could see the equity that TB has invested in the club and how much he has lent it - I, like you, don’t believe he has any intention of demanding repayment but it is still a loan - in exactly the same way that the majority of loans made to clubs in the PL, (including Bournemouth), have been made by the club’s owners. As such we really aren’t in a position to criticise how much other clubs owe, especially when it’s lower than our own debt.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you see that commenting on some of the puerile arguments and posts made about Palace, Bournemouth, Portsmouth is “slagging” them off then I plead guilty.

Far too much nonsense is spouted about our rivals that as far as I can see make us just look silly.

Yes I do know the “ethos” of TB and what he’s done for the club - how could I not know. That still doesn’t make statements such as “we, (the club), has no debt”, accurate.

Considering how much he has done for the club then I wouldn’t begrudge any repayment of what he is owed once, (when/if), the club is in a position to do so.

I linked to the club’s accounts so that you, as an accountant, could see the equity that TB has invested in the club and how much he has lent it - I, like you, don’t believe he has any intention of demanding repayment but it is still a loan - in exactly the same way that the majority of loans made to clubs in the PL, (including Bournemouth), have been made by the club’s owners. As such we really aren’t in a position to criticise how much other clubs owe, especially when it’s lower than our own debt.
Yeah, so you don't understand. Cool.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Palace fan

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Come on pikey own up defending your own gave the game away.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Very amusing that a Bournemouth fan mentions Reading in a debate about unfair accusations of small club tinpottedness...[emoji2]

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Is this because of the stadium size? Because that makes absolutely no difference to sustainability whatsoever.

Look at this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

We made £5M from match day whereas a big club like Everton made £14M. So, that seems pretty bad. They've making almost 3 times as much as us on that front.

But then you look at TV and broadcasting. We made £124M and Everton made £131M. So, the match day income makes pretty much no difference whatsoever in this day and age.

And it seems weird that a bit up people are complaining about us paying massive transfer fees like £25M for Lerma. Which isn't massive at all in this day and age and looks to be a very astute signing.

And when you get relegated you will sink like a stone as you have no infrastructure and have spunked all your money away on players and wages.

Next time you go bust again and have a bucket out begging I hope people piss in it as that is all you will deserve

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And when you get relegated you will sink like a stone as you have no infrastructure and have spunked all your money away on players and wages.

Next time you go bust again and have a bucket out begging I hope people piss in it as that is all you will deserve

A little harsh, it's not his fault. :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This. Like Pompey they have suckled from the money laundering teat and broke FFP. I hope they go bust. The fans are complicit because like Pompey they are not asking questions.

On the other hand CH could take a leaf out of Eddies book regarding attacking. Soton A springs to mind along with Hudds, WBA, The Toon and Everton A last year.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

Should we have pissed all over your little begging table you set up outside our ground back in the day .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Should we have pissed all over your little begging table you set up outside our ground back in the day .
What a shit comparison. I don't think anyone had any particular animosity towards plucky Bournemouth until you CHEATED.

Since then, you can hardly expect any other club who was trying, legitimately, to get promotion at the time to feel sorry for you should the wheels come off in the future.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The whole 'plucky little Bournemouth' thing was crap from start to finish as Maxim Demin was bankrolling big wages from a long way back. Ask Tommy Elphick what sort of pay rise he got going from Championship Brighton to League One Bournemouth.

But, having said that, they're only playing the game by a version of the rules: you can get away with ignoring FFP if you get promoted and stay up, as they and Leicester did, but you take it on the chin if you gamble and lose - as QPR did, then tried to weasel their way out of paying the price. Where would be be now if we hadn't won promotion when we did? Would TB have stepped back a bit from his extreme bankrolling of the wage bill?

Okay, if Bournemouth go down at some time in the future and don't get back before the parachute money runs out, or if Sky and the rest decide they want to pay less for Premier League TV rights, then their small capacity comes into play to a greater extent. But at the moment I don't think it really matters. Although if I were an afcB fan, I'd be slightly annoyed that the present ground isn't full to capacity every week.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
What a shit comparison. I don't think anyone had any particular animosity towards plucky Bournemouth until you CHEATED.

Since then, you can hardly expect any other club who was trying, legitimately, to get promotion at the time to feel sorry for you should the wheels come off in the future.

You're the only club who have this chip on your shoulder...no one else gives a rats arse.

After reaching the £4.75m settlement, the Football League said it 'acknowledges that the club (Bournemouth) did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...eague-breaching-FFP-rules-promotion-year.html

Twist it all you like, you know where you seem to think a loan isn't a debt but its there in black and white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here