Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth

bigE

Dec 8, 2009
If Chris Hughton for any reason left BHA would you be pleased if Eddie Howe replaced him and brought his style of play to Brighton

bigE

Dec 8, 2009
I like him as a person gives good interviews, English,,tactically astute and fearless

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would Howe drop down in standard. :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope. I like the way his teams play, in fact I quite envy the way Bournemouth play but he’s just too smug to be an Albion manager :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is only capable of managing Bournemouth, he proved that, so no.
He has done a very good job at Bournemouth though.

In fairness he did go to a town full of racists so can’t blame him for wanting to bail out asap.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yep of course. Good move to a bigger club for him. He seems very shrewd and knowledgeable.

As a wee aside I must say that looking at last night and today's perfomances from Fulham and the Scummers, Chris's tactics to defend first and then attack next seem very well founded.
I can see 6 teams worse than us so far this season...the bottom three look poor..the three above barely any better....

TNBA

TTF

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He'll likely be a very strong candidate for the England job once Southgate leaves... otherwise can't see Howe leaving Bournemouth unless one of the big clubs make a play for him, and then can see his career going the way as Moyes when he left Everton.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
better the devil you know

Mike Bailey was hounded out for not playing attactive football

at a time when first division survival wasn't the be all and end all

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Smug, arrogant and both his playing and managerial career have shown he doesn’t work away from Dean Court.

On the plus side he is the only premier league manager to score a winning goal in a league game for us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He'll be leaving Bournemouth before too long now they're not building a new ground

Yeah I read a comment about that on Southampton's forum. I thought the owners were mega rich? Or is there a problem with its provenance now that the govt is cracking down on dubious Russians as per the Chelsea owner?

Edit: Must be confusing owners as seems to be English?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't get the Howe hate. Seems very small minded. :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Been reading more, Russian owner held to ransom by English ground owner. They are in a bit of a mess. Reminds me of some of the shenanigans with Bennett's field but worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here