Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk England call up

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joking aside, if I see our Dunky on the pitch with the 3 lions on his chest, there will be tears. A home grown player in the England squad? Never happened since the tragic Tommy Cook r.i.p.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, he is.

I never suggested otherwise. Well, maybe, perhaps.

Naturally I'm chuffed to see him move up. And obviously hope I'm wrong in thinking it's a step he'll struggle with.

I've got the humble pie in the oven.

It'll be wonderful to see an Albion player with three lions on his shirt.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Joking aside, if I see our Dunky on the pitch with the 3 lions on his chest, there will be tears. A home grown player in the England squad? Never happened since the tragic Tommy Cook r.i.p.
I agree. I was proud enough when Bobby got picked for England (gutted when he got injured before the World Cup) and he wasn't even a Brighton player at that point. But he was still one of ours.

Dunk getting picked is another level. He probably won't even play but who cares. He's Brighton, proper Brighton and he's in the England squad.

It's brilliant.

I still do a double take every time I see a poster in a pub showing Premier League fixtures and we're on there. It's all still ****ing unbelievable and I bloody love it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Made all the more special as he's one of our own, come up from the kids and a local boy!

Dunk, Lascelles and Stones would be a great defensive line but can't see it just yet. Get in the squad, play well and support the starters and I think he'll establish himself as the 4th choice for now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Obviously as an Albion fan this is brilliant news but England fans should also be pleased because he is a perfect fit for Southgate's 3 centre back line up and is great cover for Maguire.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure Dan Ashworth has probably had a word in Southgates ear telling him to stop being an ex palace knob and give him a chance! Dunks performances warrant a call up. He occasionally has the odd mistake which people seem quick to critisize, but he has stopped and blocked hundreds of attempts and had some of the best premiership strikers in his pocket! Always gives 100% and is a rock in our team! If only Duffy we're English too!! Well done Lewis you thoroughly deserve the call up. Long overdue in my opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Question for stattos: if he plays, will he be the 4th Brighton player to be picked for England (while still at the club)?

Cook, Ward, Foster and ... ? Have I missed anyone?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I don't understand the idea that Southgate's selection policy relies on "words in ears". Dunky has had three consistent seasons, as a ball playing centre-back. Lascelles and Coady are also fine players but as far as I'm aware, neither are as good on the ball (I don't watch all three week in week out but from MOTD this seems clear). Dunk has been picked as his skill and style reflects the system that Southgate wants to play, and he therefore deserves his call up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
43505721_10155502766607447_983927396346363904_n.jpg

Obviously didn't get the memo on what to wear

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just bloody hope he gets a decent run out. This is a special time for Albion fans, not just a Brighton player but truly one of our own

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fully deserved. He looked so brilliant on his debut at MK Dons that I didn't even realise it wasn't Tommy Elphick out there, a relative seasoned pro at that stage. The mark of quality is that he never looked out of place and never seemed rushed or harried. He developed so well under Gus, who was probably the ideal man at that time. By the time Oscar inherited him, he was established within the squad and Oscar was brilliant with our young players. He was probably also the ideal man at that stage and then we bring in Hyypia! The only positive about his reign is making Lewis the established first choice and he had his best scoring spell under him. Hughton is a class above every manager we've had in my lifetime so everyone has benefited from his reign.

Another giant leap made by this football club, develop a player selected for the England squad. Let's hope he gets on the pitch as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Question for stattos: if he plays, will he be the 4th Brighton player to be picked for England (while still at the club)?

Cook, Ward, Foster and ... ? Have I missed anyone?

No.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here