Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk England call up

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Better than Jones and Smalling? yes l believe he is. Tarkowski though l think is better than all three.

Tarkowski was awful in his last England appearance and really didn’t deserve another call up, he looked well out of his depth. That and his nasty ‘revenge stamp’ (which will presumably go unpunished) will hopefully stall his England career for some time which will be good for the superior Dunk and his legion of eager followers including us!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This can't be true, surely James Tomkins is in front of Dunk for an England call up.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
While he has not been as consistent and as stand out as last season Dunky deserves at least a call up as a squad player if not in the starting line up for England based on his form over the last 3 seasons , he has been a stand out performer and I am sure he will gain valuable experience and confidence just by being called up. In the end the whole team has been a little below par at times but we still have not been thrashed thanks to Dunk & Duffy putting in a shift every game and with international football usually slower in its build up I think it will suit Dunky even more.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
I sssume that the Crawley and Palarse remarks were made tongue in cheek! but l agree, Dunky's performances thus far this season don't measure up to those of the last campaign.

In any case I am beginning to think that with Southgate's preference for youth, the likes of Wolves Conor Coady will get a call up ahead of Dunk. With one or two more young English centre backs coming to the fore now, unless Lewis ups his game, I can see him missing out.

The wife used to be read to by Southgates mum, I’ll have a word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Completely irrelevant given neither are anywhere near good enough and have never been.

Kayal though would walk (and run and run) in the current England team, just the type of player missing in the middle

That was only said in jest because you encourage my son with your views on Bruno and Bong as was demonstrated by him on Friday saying they were our 2 worst players..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was only said in jest because you encourage my son with your views on Bruno and Bong as was demonstrated by him on Friday saying they were our 2 worst players..

As was my comment BG.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bruno at his peak could easily have played for England

Nah, not true. Got nowhere near the Spanish team at any age group and had played the majority of his games in at least the level beneath the top one in both England and Spain. Yes he played for Valencia for THREE years but come on.
Guy is a legend, but to say he was international class is seriously exaggerating.
His career is fairly similar to Rosenier's actually. Both great players but very far from being internationals.

And well done Dunky- well deserved after last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shame it’s not friendlies though as I doubt he’ll get any game time. Consider this a warning to nsc that he probably won’t play before the pissed off rants start during competitive England games.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I won't believe it until the FA have confirmed. I still remember Sky saying we had agreed a fee with Celtic for Dembele which turned out to be complete BS.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Now confirmed on the FA website. Good stuff!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here