Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dr Who

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Best Boat Book out is " Hunter Killers"
Knocks spots of anything else out there and a lot of stuff in there that the Public never knew about when we went up north.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

ill check that as well

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Best Boat Book out is " Hunter Killers"
Knocks spots of anything else out there and a lot of stuff in there that the Public never knew about when we went up north.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

definitely fancy it , looks superb.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Absolutely.

then there are some superb books out there , tbe 8th passenger , luck and a lancaster , ive just bought a fictional account called faith is a windsock by miles tripp , its pretty much the story of his time in the war but fiction , ill lend it to you when ive finished it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So I didn’t post about the second episode but I found it completely dull and badly written. And will they please stop using the sonic screwdriver as the answer to everything it’s driving me nuts.

However tonight’s episode was brilliant. Really well done. This is when Dr Who is beyond brilliant. Always preferred the back in time episodes and this was great.

My one remaining grumble about this series so far is the total over use of the sonic. She is using it ALL the time! It’s very annoying. The main problem is that if it can do everything that it now seems to be able to do then what else does she need. She almost doesn’t need to think. It’s being used like google. And I don’t like it!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That was the best episode of DR Who I have ever seen and I have been watching it since the 60's.

This is something different to the knockabout DR we have seen the last few years. This is a dark series and in this episode it really does hit the nail on the head and looks at issues as relevant today as in the 1940's.

Broadchurch at its best!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That was the best episode of DR Who I have ever seen and I have been watching it since the 60's.

This is something different to the knockabout DR we have seen the last few years. This is a dark series and in this episode it really does hit the nail on the head and looks at issues as relevant today as in the 1940's.

Broadchurch at its best!

Great storyline, a Brexiteer from the future!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It seems like I was in the minority cringing behind the sofa.

Totally wafer-thin plot delivered with all the subtlety and charm of a sledgehammer to the gonads.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
It seems like I was in the minority cringing behind the sofa.

Totally wafer-thin plot delivered with all the subtlety and charm of a sledgehammer to the gonads.

This. Very clunky and preachy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I saw about two seconds, and I thought: One of those Quantum Leap episodes, with a not very subtle 'social commentary...'

That said, I also felt the end of the Bodyguard was as convincing as Scooby Doo, so what do I know?!?

Pesky kids.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Watching it now. Turning a serious scenario into a trivial comedy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It’s hard to know where to start with this episode.

But things I hated about it:
The bomb thing at the start as the oddest way to put them in that scenario in the first place.
The very Blakes Seven craft they ended up on.
The pregnant man - what?
The brother sister story which was so dull.
The couple who were flying the thing. Couldn’t care less when he went.
The still constant use of the sonic screwdriver to resolve literally everything in every episode.
The alien thing creature. What the hell was that? Like something out of ghostbusters in the 80s.
Have I mentioned the pregnant man?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am sick to death of the sonic screw driver, even my children thought tonight's was a bit crap especially the pregnant man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here