Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dr Who

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Overhyped shyte, unmissable tv, fun escapism?

I haven’t watched an episode since whoever it was before Jon Pertwee

Am I missing something good?

Does it still scare the shit out of young kids, as it used to do in the Dalek heyday?

Getting saturation coverage pre tonight’s episode.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope its good, otherwise the haters will have a reason to pour scorn on the new doctor and show runner.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All personal opinions, really. Check it out tonight and find out.

I enjoyed the show as a kid (while I remember a bit of Peter Davison, and a bit of Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy was my doctor). I remember enjoying the TV movie with Paul McGann. I lost interest early in Christopher Eccleston's run, but got back into it with David Tennant, and early Matt Smith. Started to lose a bit of interest late in Matt Smith's run, but kept watching out of habit, felt like Peter Capaldi didn't really click until he had pretty much decided to quit, then enjoyed the end of his run.

Most opinions will be based on the last run of the show which was a different writer, different cast, I'm not sure any of us know if it's going to be any good, but personally I'm looking forward to finding out.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Overhyped shyte, unmissable tv, fun escapism?

I haven’t watched an episode since whoever it was before Jon Pertwee

Am I missing something good?

Does it still scare the shit out of young kids, as it used to do in the Dalek heyday?

Getting saturation coverage pre tonight’s episode.

got a feeling it will be shite,like every other episode of Dr Who,regardless of gender

now,The Brothers on a Sunday night,that's more like it :D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It went off when Tennant and Russell T Davis left.

I have very low expectations of today's episode.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Looks pretty ominous for Sheffield so what will become of 'Massive' and 'Red Massive'? About to be devoured by some sort of transformer type android....a bit like Zaha only better looking and less prone to falling over......

TNBA

TTF

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Was a bit young when William Hartnell played him but I vaguely remember seeing the odd episode. I got into it more with Patrick Troughton but the memory is still a bit vague but I remember the regeneration episode into Jon Pertwee really vividly. The Pertwee era is the one I really remember the best together with the characters, Jo Grant, the Brigadier and the Master. I then watched Tom Baker for a bit then gave up halfway through his tenure. Didn't bother with any of the Doctors after that until the series finished in 1986. Then when the series relaunched in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston my daughter was 8 so I told her how I had grown up with Dr Who and it became a father daughter routine every saturday night and we watched every episode together and I really enjoyed it especially the World War 2 set double episode "The Empty Child" which was really creepy. I carried on watching with David Tennant, again with my daughter but didn't really bother after that. My daughter's now 21 and a student in Sheffield so she is interested purely from that perspective as that is where the new series is set.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having to record it and wait till nipper is in bed. I LOVE the reboot (Ecclstone onwards). I LOVED watching old episodes when I lived in Canada in the early 80s. An English institution. Few positive posts on this thread so far as most of us fans are watching it live. Will be interested in informed comments later. Big 'hi' to The Master (you know who you are) :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Caught the last couple of minutes, has the Tardis been scrapped?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That was great. As expected Jodie was superb (as any sensible person knew - the Doctor's gender makes no odds), storyline was fine, it looked great, the new team seem a good mix and the new theme tune was marvellous. Looking forward to the rest of the series. As throughout the last 55 years, the programme regenerates itself every so often and is all the better for it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good new Doctor, shit episode.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Better than I anticipated, and given new doctor episodes are generally poor, it was a good start.

Glad Moffatt has finally left, maybe it'll stop trying to be too clever now, and get back to basics.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Early days. Wouldn't say they nailed it, but has potential to be really good. Really surprised to see Chris Noth in the upcoming stars bit at the end of the credits.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty good first outing, channelled a bit of a female Matt Smith, I think I like the new Doctor already, 8/10

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure why the aliens are only interested in making their presence known in London most episodes. But at least the Daleks can fly now a days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here