Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dr Who

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Back to basics this season and it has worked well.

But today's episode was a real stinker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back to basics this season and it has worked well.

But today's episode was a real stinker.

Indeed. I watched it on catch up and actually fell asleep. I went back and watched the end. Wish I hadn't bothered. I love Dr Who and thought the start of the new series was great, but she is turning into an irritating tyke chatterbox with a small repetoire of 'gormless' looks. That pregnant bloke reminded me of that poster back in the 80s, and his whining voice put my teeth on edge. The young female and the ex-footballer are good though. Yet.....it does have the feel of.....not even Blue Peter.......Magpie. It's Magpie.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's just a childish "comedy" now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That episode was absolutely stunning. Anyone who missed the poppies missed a trick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, great episode which makes up for the previous turkey.

Next week looks from the trailer like it could go either way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think that is six episodes now. One (last week's) was a bit shit but 2 or 3 of them have been absolutely superb. Overall this has been the best incarnation of Doctor Who since David Tennant or perhaps even Christopher Eccleston, and the scripts are a massive reason for that.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Half Dr Who, half history rant. This series still seems very contrived, struggling to like it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
it's utter dross.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What poppies ?

(I'd been out for a curry and was well alight on the brandy by the time I watched it)

I guess he means near the end, when they ran through a meadow of wild flowers. Put me more in mind of "The Sound of Music" .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Christ on a bike.

Ok lets get something straight. The programme was originally intended in 1963 to appeal to a family audience as an educational programme using time travel as a means to explore scientific ideas and famous moments in history. So yes some episodes will be 'childish' and others more 'adult' and anything in between.

Too many historicals! Ok so The Higlanders, The Crusades, The French Revolution, Marco Polo, the Siege of Troy etc etc in the 60s

Too much about politics or immigration or pollution! Ok so Pertwee episodes didnt deal with the UK entry into the EU (Curse of Peladon) Miners Strike (Monster of Peladon) Immigration and racism (The Mutants, Colony in Space) or pollution (The Green Death) to name a few, Tom Bakers The Sun Makers is a direct dig at the taxman.

Too many in the TARDIS. What like Ian, Barbara and Susan you mean? Or Jamie and Zoe? Or Nissa, Adric and Tegan?

Actually whilst Chibnalls scripts have been the weaker (like RTDs were) but overall its been great.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Really enjoyed it - and dare I say, a few people who did watch, will have learnt a great deal more about Pakistan and India than they knew before.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I quite enjoyed the subject matter...
However the Dr’s silly expressions and humour (?), were too much for me.
I watched the whole thing trying to ignore her, good actor but not the Dr, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here