Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to change our away tactics?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In March 1982 the Albion played at Anfield and won 1-0 thanks to an Andy Ritchie goal and a bog of a pitch.

Since then we have played 50 away games in the top division and the record is W3 D19 L28.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In March 1982 the Albion played at Anfield and won 1-0 thanks to an Andy Ritchie goal and a bog of a pitch.

Since then we have played 50 away games in the top division and the record is W3 D19 L28.

And in the 12 away games prior to the Liverpool win the record was W4 D5 L3 all achieved by playing the solid safety first approach under Mike Bailey. The 50 back passes in the first half alone at Manchester United is a highlight that may well never be beaten by an Albion team.

We need to get back to this style of play to improve our away form, we need to be even more defensive.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm expecting Izzy to make a significant difference. We've not been really badly beaten away at all this season but it's our lack of threat which means we're on the back foot too much. Murray isn't the problem, it's the lack of support reaching him which is.
Knocky is improving all the time and now looks a premier league player, his next step is to start showing it away from the AMEX. If he can do that and Izzy hits form then our away results will pick up IMO.
Against Newcastle we need to start like we finished v Soton.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Newcastle are there for the tacking and I hope we put them under pressure and try for an early goal. I don't think they'll have the players to break us down if we go a goal ahead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here