Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pikie pikey is the one race every other hates the same so it's ok
I don't like it. It is a racist term. I honestly don't know why the moderators allow it. There are plenty of other insults we can use for them.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Never quite understood why gypsies are considered a race? Aren't they just more mobile englishmen like you and me?

That's another argument. I don't get how it's racist as it's like calling someone a chav. There are travellers (generally hippie types who are alright) and there are the other lot who are generally nasty criminal filth but call themselves travellers to avoid the law.

So calling someone a pikey, if that's what they are, is no more racist than calling someone a chav if that's what they are. It's a life choice, not a race.

And with Palace it's clearly just a joke. Which they can't take and cry about..... on our forum.

Which is more the point I was trying to make. [emoji106]

Mobile Irishmen more like. If disliking those vermin is racist then there must be a lot of racists around.

My Dad used to call them Irish tinkers. Before the advent of plastic, and stainless steel, they used to travel mending pots and pans etc.

Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

The proper gypsies are from Romanies, so are covered by the ethnic origin definition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is remarkable is the absence of their most smug NSCers from here the minute it all goes absolutely tits up in Norwood. Smuggie and chums simply don't seem inclined to put right what they perceive as trivial mistakes from Albion fans on NSC. I wonder why?

Maybe it's because in the long run, some of us were actually right? i.e. we were always destined to overtake them. Everything about our club is now officially better than theirs. Better league position, better squad, better gates, better stadium, better facilities, better everything. And all that despite them fluking a 5 year Premier League head start on us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is remarkable is the absence of their most smug NSCers from here the minute it all goes absolutely tits up in Norwood. Smuggie and chums simply don't seem inclined to put right what they perceive as trivial mistakes from Albion fans on NSC. I wonder why?

Maybe it's because in the long run, some of us were actually right? i.e. we were always destined to overtake them. Everything about our club is now officially better than theirs. Better league position, better squad, better gates, better stadium, better facilities, better everything. And all that despite them fluking a 5 year Premier League head start on us.

Better fans, better atmosphere [emoji106][emoji106]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Exhibit A:

[tweet]1048624743350489089[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exhibit A:

[tweet]1048624743350489089[/tweet]

He's absolutely right though. Even when the NigeIs got promoted, I still believed the cream was always going to rise to the top despite the irritation of seeing their relative success in the short term. But they have always looked like complete spivs where we've looked like a professional organisation. When they eventually go down, the chances are they won't be coming back any time soon because they are not really set up to do so.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My Dad used to call them Irish tinkers. Before the advent of plastic, and stainless steel, they used to travel mending pots and pans etc.

Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

The proper gypsies are from Romanies, so are covered by the ethnic origin definition.

My Irish in laws still do. Tinkers isn’t racist is it, just slang?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To call someone a gypsy as an insult, would presumably be racist. I'm not sure it's so clear cut with the word pikey, as it's generally just used as an insult, like chav is used, and doesn't refer to any particular race of people does it?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To call someone a gypsy as an insult, would presumably be racist. I'm not sure it's so clear cut with the word pikey, as it's generally just used as an insult, like chav is used, and doesn't refer to any particular race of people does it?

No, gypsy is acceptable to them. Gypo or pikey isn't. Why would you call someone a gypsy as an insult?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, gypsy is acceptable to them.
You misunderstand. Gypsy might be the correct term, but not when you're randomly saying it to someone as an insult.
Gypo or pikey isn't.
But when people here are saying pikey, they're not necessarily referring to a race of people, they're just calling someone a chav/scum.
Why would you call someone a gypsy as an insult?
I wouldn't, but it could be used just like 'You're black and you stink'. Black is an acceptable term, but it's racist in the context I've given.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What the **** is going on here. They are Palace ...........there is no bigger insult than that

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
What the **** is going on here. They are Palace ...........there is no bigger insult than that

Exact ****ing ly.

Too many so called Albion 'fans' forget.

Without rivalry and ill feeling between clubs and fans we have nothing.

How can you even start after Mullery and those classless cvunts in our stadium shitting.

Absolute cvnts.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Exact ****ing ly.

Too many so called Albion 'fans' forget.

Without rivalry and ill feeling between clubs and fans we have nothing.

How can you even start after Mullery and those classless cvunts in our stadium shitting.

Absolute cvnts.

Correct.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here