Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I wouldn't crow too soon, they'll pick up a lot of points from their next five fixtures.

Everton A
Arsenal H
Chelsea A
Spurs H
Man Utd A

Then Burnley at home followed by a short trip down the A23

They could be top by Christmas

Bloody hell, that is a truly awful set of fixtures, particularly following on from their allegedly insipid display against Wolves.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm sure Pompey will enjoy their visit to Selhurst next season, a true pikie fest
Careful now. Call them Pikie scum on OUR forum and they might get REALLY angry and THREATEN you. [emoji23]
944f3210d42d3c0bfb76eb948dbe0539.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Careful now. Call them Pikie scum on OUR forum and they might get REALLY angry and THREATEN you. [emoji23]
944f3210d42d3c0bfb76eb948dbe0539.jpg

I don't like it. It is a racist term. I honestly don't know why the moderators allow it. There are plenty of other insults we can use for them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't like it. It is a racist term. I honestly don't know why the moderators allow it. There are plenty of other insults we can use for them.

Never quite understood why gypsies are considered a race? Aren't they just more mobile englishmen like you and me?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's another argument. I don't get how it's racist as it's like calling someone a chav. There are travellers (generally hippie types who are alright) and there are the other lot who are generally nasty criminal filth but call themselves travellers to avoid the law.

So calling someone a pikey, if that's what they are, is no more racist than calling someone a chav if that's what they are. It's a life choice, not a race.

And with Palace it's clearly just a joke. Which they can't take and cry about..... on our forum.

Which is more the point I was trying to make. [emoji106]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's another argument. I don't get how it's racist as it's like calling someone a chav. There are travellers (generally hippie types who are alright) and there are the other lot who are generally nasty criminal filth but call themselves travellers to avoid the law.

So calling someone a pikey, if that's what they are, is no more racist than calling someone a chav if that's what they are. It's a life choice, not a race.

And with Palace it's clearly just a joke. Which they can't take and cry about..... on our forum.

I didn't make the law but it classed as a racist term in a court of law. You can be arrested for it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This works out as an average of 1.2 points per home game.

That’s absolutely shambolic for a Premier League club 😳 #CPFC
https://t.co/IYDGxW4MLA

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mobile Irishmen more like. If disliking those vermin is racist then there must be a lot of racists around.

But they can’t be Irish despite the accent which is more due to their insular community as I understand. Their passports must say British, surely? Either way, how can owning a mobile home classify you as a different ‘race’? Humour a side because there are a lot of caravan club jokes on the table here....!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This is (was!) my understanding, it’s a derogatory term meant as an insult obviously, interchangeable with chav. But racist? Really? How? Why? When?! To be clear, “ You gypsy = You pikey = racist”, yes? Not nice, no ones arguing with that. But racist? What if you said “you traveller”? “You chav”, to someone you knew was a gypsy - is that racist too? I guess where I’m coming from is it impossible to say something degrogetory about this community without it being labelled racist? Not that I have any dealings with, just interested but also perhaps we all need to know given offence is taken on behalf of by so many these days. You only need to be overheard in some pub and goodbye career after all!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is (was!) my understanding, it’s a derogatory term meant as an insult obviously, interchangeable with chav. But racist? Really? How? Why? When?! To be clear, “ You gypsy = You pikey = racist”, yes? Not nice, no ones arguing with that. But racist? What if you said “you traveller”? “You chav”, to someone you knew was a gypsy - is that racist too? I guess where I’m coming from is it impossible to say something degrogetory about this community without it being labelled racist? Not that I have any dealings with, just interested but also perhaps we all need to know given offence is taken on behalf of by so many these days. You only need to be overheard in some pub and goodbye career after all!
Indeed. I hope never to have any interaction with those lovely faux Irish traveller people. But I'll reserve my right to call all Palace gimps 'pikey scum" AS A JOKE. And if someone wants to try to prove that that's racist then good luck to em.

Anyway, here are some Palace fans discussing the issue.....

https://youtu.be/LO-Adcb8yRQ

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed. I hope never to have any interaction with those lovely faux Irish traveller people. But I'll reserve my right to call all Palace gimps 'pikey scum" AS A JOKE. And if someone wants to try to prove that that's racist then good luck to em.

Wow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This works out as an average of 1.2 points per home game.

That’s absolutely shambolic for a Premier League club �� #CPFC
https://t.co/IYDGxW4MLA

Oh good game

How many points have the Albion got at home, in the Premier League, so far?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Bonkers video - reminded me of the fast show!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here