Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Melvin#cpfc on 606 after the match could not help but mention how they’d sold Murray (and Gayle to be fair) and how he is now scoring so frequently whilst they have no one to put away chances. He could not fathom why or how they’d lost him.

Wonderful listen.

How they sneered at us for letting him go the first time round, only to make the same mistake!

This is the most joyful aspect for me. It was stomach churning we gave them Glenn in the first place to see him fire them to promotion and now the complete mirror has occurred and we have had the last laugh. Bloody delicious.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This is the most joyful aspect for me. It was stomach churning we gave them Glenn in the first place to see him fire them to promotion and now the complete mirror has occurred and we have had the last laugh. Bloody delicious.

Even more delicious was Murray's winner against them in the FA cup.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I just can’t belive they made the same mistake. It was always CLEAR to me he wasn’t given the chance at CP2010FC in the prem. most of their fans knew it - they resorted to Adebayor etc over him - amazing!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
From the last post...

If we get relegated I might totally lose interest as I did in the mid eighties when we were total s***e but I won't know until it happens. I do know that time becomes more precious as you get older and I don't want to waste it on a club with no ambition. I have given them plenty of time already.

See that? Admitting a lack of commitment and a lot of plasticity. Bloody lightweight. We took our lumps at the arse end of the league for years and still came back for more. It’s called support.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
From the "Find a goalscorer...." thread, it seems that more and more Palace are actually starting to come to terms with the fact that they are skint, their finances are in a disastrous situation re FFP and they have a squad stuffed with overpaid, overvalued shite that nobody else would touch with a free transfer because of their wage demands.

Ok!, so....

Who do we bring in?

How do we pay for him without breaching FFP Rules?

Who do we get rid of to cover the cost? and:

Who will take the above for the price we want for them (given that they are all considered to be overpriced rubbish by so many on here)?

Who, that fits your -and others- requirements of being a top goal scorer, actually wants to come to our club?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please!

We all perfectly know that we have to find the way to score with the actual squad, as we all perfectly know that we cannot buy a strong striker unless we sell one of our high earners and high payed players, which won't happen as they are underperforming and no one would buy them at their actual wages.
Hence, until Benteke's contract expires on June 2020 and Sakho contract expires on June 2021, we are stuck with this team.
So, solutions have to be found in house.

:lolol::lol::laugh::lolol::lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Hodgson had got Palace looking organised and if they had scored the penalty (which I think WAS a pen, albeit soft) then I fancy they would have come away with at least a draw.

I was surprised that Hodgson didn't put on any subs until after he was 2-0 down on 89 minutes.

I see Palace got the most Prem penalties last season (10 - scoring 8) but yesterday's was their first in 9 matches. Worrying times for the Eagles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Hodgson had got Palace looking organised and if they had scored the penalty (which I think WAS a pen, albeit soft) then I fancy they would have come away with at least a draw.

I was surprised that Hodgson didn't put on any subs until after he was 2-0 down on 89 minutes.

I see Palace got the most Prem penalties last season (10 - scoring 8) but yesterday's was their first in 9 matches. Worrying times for the Eagles.

Noticeable though, that there are tonnes of Palace fans bemoaning the lack of subs, but not a single one (that I saw) mentioned who should be brought on - i.e. they had **** all on the bench, hence why Roy didn't make a change until too late.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure if this is a pisstake or not. An amazing list of no hopers and no chance they'd go there'ers.

[TWEET]1054336874561572864[/TWEET]

This guy thinks that Pardew would keep them up and that Harry Redknapp's "last few jobs have been successful". ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember Roy only got the job because he's a local lad done good(ish).

So this replacement will need to fulfill the same criteria, making Sue Perkins an early favourite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So this replacement will need to fulfill the same criteria, making Sue Perkins an early favourite.

Eddie Izzard would liven the place up, although he fails the “locally born” test having been born in Aden

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Or, with similar knowledge of football, perhaps Disney could let his mate Not So Bright have a crack?*

*With apologies to Sue Perkins

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Noticeable though, that there are tonnes of Palace fans bemoaning the lack of subs, but not a single one (that I saw) mentioned who should be brought on - i.e. they had **** all on the bench, hence why Roy didn't make a change until too late.

Amazing isn't it. They've got the best German footballer of ALL TIME being left on the bench in place of Jeffrey Schlupp and neither Roy or the Palace fans seem to think it was a good idea to bring him on :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'Much better squad in every position but still dreadful in arguably the most important position of all - striker. Is there any team in this division, perhaps except Cardiff, with a worse strike force than us? Unacceptable and could cause a very, very expensive squad to get relegated and all of our progress to be undone.

If we get relegated we'll take massive losses on the likes of Benteke and Sakho just to get them off our wage bill. PVA, Wilf, Meyer, Tomkins, maybe Luka and Townsend will all go too, and when you consider we're paying 50+ grand per week for the likes of Schlupp and Riedewald, you wonder if we'd really have the money to renovate the squad. Our transfer business has been so appalling that relegation would be pretty ruinous.

'

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure if this is a pisstake or not. An amazing list of no hopers and no chance they'd go there'ers.

[TWEET]1054336874561572864[/TWEET]

This guy thinks that Pardew would keep them up and that Harry Redknapp's "last few jobs have been successful". ???

Palace and ‘arry is a match made in administration heaven, it gets my vote.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
'Much better squad in every position but still dreadful in arguably the most important position of all - striker. Is there any team in this division, perhaps except Cardiff, with a worse strike force than us? Unacceptable and could cause a very, very expensive squad to get relegated and all of our progress to be undone.

If we get relegated we'll take massive losses on the likes of Benteke and Sakho just to get them off our wage bill. PVA, Wilf, Meyer, Tomkins, maybe Luka and Townsend will all go too, and when you consider we're paying 50+ grand per week for the likes of Schlupp and Riedewald, you wonder if we'd really have the money to renovate the squad. Our transfer business has been so appalling that relegation would be pretty ruinous.

'

You can almost hear the cogs whirring...... "Everything those Brighton fans have been saying for years......Oh my ****ing God.....They were right!!".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Given Palaces penchant for managerial blood letting, hows’s this for a scenario.

Uncle Roy is gracefully retired ( or sacked, as it’s also known) and allowed to shuffle off to the Failed Palace Managers Retirement Home, to take his place with Pardew, and Wurzel. Given Parrishs preference for British managers, and seeing as Palace have more or less employed all the firefighters amongst them, except one, David Moyes is given the poisoned chalice. He saved West Ham last season, so, not such an unlikely outcome.
The best bit though, would be Mr Tumble re-United with Moyes daughter.
True love will always find a way, I love a romantic ending.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can almost hear the cogs whirring...... "Everything those Brighton fans have been saying for years......Oh my ****ing God.....They were right!!".

It's almost as if the 'build it and they will come" adage is true.

In fairness so is:-

"Don't build anything and have to pay through the nose to make people come"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What DOES Mark Bright actually DO, at Palace?

Does he have any official role?

Is he an 'advisor' to Parrish?

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here