Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
We will be fine, All part of the Palace rollercoaster.

Come May we will be above you lot as per normal, What Is it 31 out of the last 32 seasons?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Come May we will be above you lot as per normal, What Is it 31 out of the last 32 seasons?

Last season was the first time in over a decade you’d finished above us in the league when in the same league so not sure what you’re talking about! And even that mattered little to us as we stayed up & you have a 4 or 5 times headstart in this league with that money...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol: you may be right though, this old man’s wife would have a meltdown if I had Albion related shirts etc hanging in our house. Maybe I’m just “an under the thumb” old man.
Indeed. Maybe he's got a (shit, don't know what to call it other than 'man's room', having just been on the gender thread), er, big house with lots of spare rooms (perfect, rolls off the tongue). I'm allowed a signed shirt on the wall, as *cough* it's not for me, it's for the kids :)

Not in the living room obviously, but then I wouldn't want it there, I've long since been emasculated.

My other half is totally meh about football.
Likewise. Still, it's 3 against 1, so tough luck babe :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Considering your club has only existed since 2010, you are joking, right? The other iterations of crystal palace cheated their way to a higher league position than their financial situation allowed. But you knew that as well didn't you.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Last season was the first time in over a decade you’d finished above us in the league when in the same league so not sure what you’re talking about! And even that mattered little to us as we stayed up & you have a 4 or 5 times headstart in this league with that money...

Hardly our fault you lot have traditionally been a third tier team is it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last season was the first time in over a decade you’d finished above us in the league when in the same league so not sure what you’re talking about!

I'll be honest, I'm not sure "we were in a lower division than you, gives us a "get out of jail free" card when it comes to comparing league standings!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Have you still got goal music at Selhurst, this season?

Oh, I don’t suppose you know yet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

You might not be.

Only seven points from a relatively easy start, with no excuses about injured players or rubbish managers to blame. It’s great that you’re remaining positive though. Good for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We will be fine

You'll be fine because Cardiff and Huddersfield are significantly worse than you, assuming Wilf decides to start playing again anyway, which means you only need to find one other, which could well be Newcastle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As you are watching Newsnight [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION], stay on BBC2 for the documentary on next about the day RBS went bust in 2008. It looks like a cracker and the reviews are brilliant.

I watched the BBC documentary last week on RBS, which was a great viewing. The arrogance of the Chairman and CEO, with their wasteful spending, was astonishing.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You'll be fine because Cardiff and Huddersfield are significantly worse than you, assuming Wilf decides to start playing again anyway, which means you only need to find one other, which could well be Newcastle.

Agree regarding Cardiff and Huddersfield. Lets be honest bar the top 6 there isn't too much between the rest of us.

Saints are my tip for the 3rd relegation place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As you are watching Newsnight [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION], stay on BBC2 for the documentary on next about the day RBS went bust in 2008. It looks like a cracker and the reviews are brilliant.

I watched that. Incredible.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Have you still got goal music at Selhurst, this season?

Oh, I don’t suppose you know yet.
Now that is a good line... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

They genuinely don't know what is in store if Palace ever score a goal at Selhurst this season. My guess would be loud and proud goal music, some of those inflatable stick men and a couple of goons waving massive flags behind the goal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

They genuinely don't know what is in store if Palace ever score a goal at Selhurst this season. My guess would be loud and proud goal music, some of those inflatable stick men and a couple of goons waving massive flags behind the goal.

And those big flame thrower things that they had at Southampton. Or, as it’s palace, a couple of night watchman braziers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll be honest, I'm not sure "we were in a lower division than you, gives us a "get out of jail free" card when it comes to comparing league standings!

Yes but, head to head is more a level playing field. We were in a lower division mainly because we had to rebuild our club so to me that’s not very fair to compare... we didn’t just go to admin and reform like others have... if they had done things morally they’d have been in a much, much lower division for years and years. Twice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I love the idea of Palace goal music, and all the accompanying sing-a-long bullshit, when the goal in question is a late consolation, in a heavy home defeat.

0-4 down, 88th minute, the German Iniesta shins one in from a yard out, in front of the 6,000 people still in the ground...
"and we're :clap2: :clap2: GLAD ALL OVER, yes we're :clap2: :clap2: GLAD ALL OVER..."

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I love the idea of Palace goal music, and all the accompanying sing-a-long bullshit, when the goal in question is a late consolation, in a heavy home defeat.

0-4 down, 88th minute, the German Iniesta shins one in from a yard out, in front of the 6,000 people still in the ground...
"and we're :clap2: :clap2: GLAD ALL OVER, yes we're :clap2: :clap2: GLAD ALL OVER..."

No that Sir, would be quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here