Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth - SKY Interview Pre Match Last Night

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, his post doesn't come across as if he's in the know - any more than you are - it just comes across as an opinion.....If they get it right, it should be very good for us - but as has also been suggested, there are potential pitfalls.

Of course but OP didn't merely suggest there were pitfalls or outline risks, he predicted mass resignations, with presumably Hughton at the head of the queue, the minute Dan Ashworth arrived. (which isn't until the Spring ). Which i'd suggest is unlikely to say the least.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I suggest all is good.

CH will continue to brilliantly manage the first team for as long as he likes, with a key influence on transfers.

DA will take our coaching and analysis of all other groups to a higher level, help CH where needed and also have a key influence on transfers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course but OP didn't merely suggest there were pitfalls or outline risks, he predicted mass resignations, with presumably Hughton at the head of the queue, the minute Dan Ashworth arrived. (which isn't until the Spring ). Which i'd suggest is unlikely to say the least.
Worst case scenario pitfalls, yes - which is possible of course, but as you say, very unlikely. Nonetheless, there is a risk in this strategy that it might cause some upheavals or resentment. Much of that will depend upon how Ashworth goes about his job, but I hope (and expect) that TB and PB have done their homework on this too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or, as could also be the case, PB/TB (or anyone in charge of this appointment) have looked at the roles/responsibilities of the various people and felt that they want them to concentrate on other areas of their job in more depth, so they've bought him in to take the load off so they can be more effective in those particular roles?

Exactly.

There could be half a dozen people at the club now breathing a sigh of relief that someone has finally been found who can shoulder some of the workload.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here